Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

looking monday at a 42 yacht fish 1997

I had a couple questions
    does anyone have experience with this hull ? It is not stabilized and where looking at doing florida and the Bahamas
    does anyone know if they made a bigger yacht fish in the 90's.
    It's on Jersey Marina Yacht sales I would love for you guys to take a look and give me any comments.
    This would become a liveboard for use that's the reason I asked if they made a bigger boat in this model. all comments will be
    appreciated good or bad. Thanks Wired Up 36 ft sport fish 50 years and still going.

Re: looking monday at a 42 yacht fish 1997

Can you give us the web listing?
    Something for us to look at..

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Can you give us the web listing?
    Something for us to look at..
    ya its at Jersey Marina Yacht sales

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/199...yacht-8043361/
    ??

Somebody called this a yacht fish??

I fell in luv with a 48 YF years ago.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 04-14-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Thank you for the link. Talked to the broker he said yer boat was going to survey in the next couple days but the buyer had sold his boat and the survey didn't go in his favor.sold for now the deal is dead. who knows what to believe.

I can see why they called it a YF, but it is not a YF.

I would not buy a boat with Cat 3126 engines. No disrespect to anyone who owns them, but so many of them have given their owners trouble that I would not want a set of them. I had 3116s years back and selling them and getting Cummins diesels was the best boating decision I made, after buying a Hatteras.

I'd keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I can see why they called it a YF, but it is not a YF.

I would not buy a boat with Cat 3126 engines. No disrespect to anyone who owns them, but so many of them have given their owners trouble that I would not want a set of them. I had 3116s years back and selling them and getting Cummins diesels was the best boating decision I made, after buying a Hatteras.

I'd keep looking.
    The 3126's that were going to blow up - by now have. They became a C-7 in 2003. AFAIK Essentially the same engine.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

that's the cockpit MY SE, basically a 40MT with the small cockpit, not a YF. nice to have that cockpit on the MY. Like Jim said, I'm nervous about the 3126's, but with 3400 hrs I'd have to agree with seaeric. But I'd want all engine repair receipts to see what's been done. also price seems high to me. buc shows lower, but I don't know how accurate buc value is. there was a 40my w/3208's for 88, no longer on yachtworld. was no where's near as nice as this one, and didn't have the cockpit. this looks like it could be a nice boat for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post
    that's the cockpit MY SE, basically a 40MT with the small cockpit, not a YF. nice to have that cockpit on the MY. Like Jim said, I'm nervous about the 3126's, but with 3400 hrs I'd have to agree with seaeric. But I'd want all engine repair receipts to see what's been done. also price seems high to me. buc shows lower, but I don't know how accurate buc value is. there was a 40my w/3208's for 88, no longer on yachtworld. was no where's near as nice as this one, and didn't have the cockpit. this looks like it could be a nice boat for the right price.
    T)anks for letting me know the model. I just like the ideal of my wife getting the lines easer. The motors are not scary to me I fished a boat with the 3126 for five years problem free but we did are updates and all regular maintenance for 2,200 hours. Lost a belt drive once. Will let you know what I think on Monday