Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Time to bury the LaMarche

1985 61MY and the older LaMarche is on it's last leg. Have 2 - 32v banks, starboard starting and port starting/house. Current marina setup is 2 - 50a inputs. Would like to replace with a smart charger and looking for recommendations.

I have researched and found several options, just not sure about amperage needs, thoughts and advice... Thanks

Sterling Pro Charge Ultra
    Analytics System
    Others...
    1985 61MY #369 / Redonna Gail / N Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Time to bury the LaMarche

I've had an Analytic since 04. Its been a great charger.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Decided to go with the Sterling Pro Ultra. Installed today all good so far. Both 32 banks were essentially dead, topped all 8 off and the Sterling immediately jumped to 100 % at 34.4v and 20.4a and went to work. I will continue to monitor temps and current this evening and install the remote tomorrow

Woke up yesterday to 2 happy banks…. Charger is in float mode 34.6v and at 2.8a at the moment. Battery Temp is 64f…

We purchased the vessel in October knowing the house bank was almost ready for replacement…. Captain of PO advised he had always had to parallel to get Port Engine to fire. After 24 hrs on the new Sterling she fired off with no issues. I don’t believe the old Lamarche was doing much if anything other than providing an ambient hummmmmm…