Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a boat - not a Hatt

Just in case anyone knows someone (obviously a non Hatt owner) who might want to sell their boat.

I'm looking for a Pilothouse:
    • Offshore Yachts 48
    • Ocean Alexander 51
    • Symbol 52
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Re: Looking for a boat - not a Hatt

Don't those brands have a great web site?
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Nothing as wonderful as this place.

I wish Hatteras had made Pilothouse designs like these. The LRC's are a bit slow/old/rare for me.

Is the looks of a RPH that attract you? The extra steps (gungle gym) for exercise to go from aft to forward on different levels that you need? Think a RPH offers more visabilty? More room below? Fill us in on why your searching for these models. I am just curious.

• Cockpit-salon-galley all on one level
    • Ease of getting on/off via side or transom door/swim platform (no marquipt ladder/stairs to deal with)
    • Full beam master
    • Height of Pilothouse and being out of the weather when it's too cold/too hot/too wet
    • Ease of line handling from cockpit and PH door (Loop/Lock friendly)
    • Speed when you need it, comfortable economy when you don't
    • Lower CG than a typical Hatt motoryacht, less rolling

Our 43 MY was nicknamed the "stair master" since we were always having to go up/down stairs to get around the engine room and up to the back deck and FB (single helm). That's mostly due to it's size, but for some reason Grand Banks sold a bunch of "stair masters" in their day. Not for us. Most of these RPH I've listed just have 3 steps up the pilot house and inside stairs to the FB.