Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Boat "Inspection" Prior to Slip Rental

I would bet the rules are “flexible”. Harbor master Bill will give be you the info you need.👍
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Here in Tennessee I think a inspection and or Insurance survey would be more appropriate than say a 20-25 year old rule that some marinas have. Most have live aboard rules and some even control the on dock pumpout by requiring it to be unlocked and or turned on. My current location that I love, will wash you boat and send you the bill of needed.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

When I kept my 58 at Riviera Dunes many moons ago, they were dickh… uh, very picky. This to the point that if your boat were deemed to be in need of a cleaning, they would do it to… uh, for you and send you a bill.

I could go on, but I won’t, and no, they never washed my boat or kicked me out. Had to laugh when they questioned my temporary fitted sheet/curtain that I used to block out the sun. I mean it even matched.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I stayed at Riviera Dunes a month or so ago. Everyone was super nice and they didn’t seem uptight. We keep the 46 nice and clean and it fit right in. There were definitely some boats that needed love and cleaning but not many. One was certainly growing to the bottom. We are looking to buy a slip here for when we downsize and sell the house ( if we ever do). Great place to be if the storms come our way.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Regarding Sarasota Pass, I heard there is a new "inlet" which looks like it comes straight in from the Gulf. Can anyone comment - Is it marked? How navigable is it?
    I ran it about 3 weeks ago in a 23’. I would not run Sarasota Pass in a boat that draws 4’ or more.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Regarding Sarasota Pass, I heard there is a new "inlet" which looks like it comes straight in from the Gulf. Can anyone comment - Is it marked? How navigable is it?
    Sarasota pass was dredged last year for beach renourishment and a byproduct was a somewhat navigable channel. My boat draws a little over 3 ft and I can use the pass based on soundings posted on the Sarasota Yacht Club website which are updated often.
    That said, it is tricky and I would avoid it in a Hatteras.

That’s them wanting to decide after they see the boat and meet you to see if you’re high maintenance.

I am under contract for a 70' slip at Rivera Dunes. Much bigger than I need. But now I have a hurricane hole (and a place to visit) for August through October. Will lease out the other 9 months. Current annual renter is already interested in this arrangement. But if this falls through HOF's get dibs. Rates are at the marina rate but this is best as that makes the rental "full service".

Several other slips are changing hands so maybe other seasonal or annual options coming about.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    I am under contract for a 70' slip at Rivera Dunes. Much bigger than I need. But now I have a hurricane hole (and a place to visit) for August through October. Will lease out the other 9 months. Current annual renter is already interested in this arrangement. But if this falls through HOF's get dibs. Rates are at the marina rate but this is best as that makes the rental "full service".

Several other slips are changing hands so maybe other seasonal or annual options coming about.
    Sent you a PM...
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL