Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1983 Hatteras 53MY

Asking price ?

I haven’t priced it yet but ballpark $125-$150k. The market is all over the place, when I get some time I’ll do some comparisons.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Sure looks nice !

Thanks it’s is but with any big old boat there’s always something.

Have you put a listing / information sheet together for the boat?

Thanks
    Spin

No not yet. I have a lot going on in my life “D” so I’m kinda out of it. You can pm me your number if you want to discuss.

You've done some really nice improvements. That galley table is beautiful and the carpet is very nicely done, especially the color which contrasts nicely with the wood interior but won't get dirty so easy. My favorite is your hideaway TV in the bar on the aft deck. I'm stealing that for my 53, there is no good place for a tv out there and you solved the riddle.

When I was looking for a 53 MY it was difficult to find a nice one. The market falls into two categories, the first is the same half-dozen boats that always sit on yachtworld in the $100-150k range and take forever to sell. These are rundown and would take 6 figures to get back to where they should be. Then there were the nice ones in the $200k range, every time I went to go look at one of those somebody had just had an offer accepted on it, one time the guy changed his mind on selling right in the middle, or by the time I called it was already sold. Those go quickly. I finally snagged a nice one after awhile by going way outside my comfort zone and jumping on a plane to look at it the second day it was listed and then I made an offer immediately.

Your boat looks like it goes in the second category, I doubt you will have any trouble selling. Unless things have drastically changed from 8 months ago your stated price range may be too low.

Sure looks nice , good choice of carpet,and everything else . Should sell quick .

Really nice!

[/QUOTE]

GOOD MORNING. If you have a moment, could you send me some photos.
    Is the paint in good, vey good condition. Do motors smoke. Hours on Gen.
    My wife wants to know of any updates in the galley.
    My email. newport.alex@gmail.com
    Thanks for your time.
    Alex