Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ultra Switch… inflation is real

Ridiculous. 18 months ago I bought a couple of ultra switches for my bilge pumps… $130. Fast forward to tonight and the same switch was $165!!!

I m done with the pos chicom made rule float switches… replaced one 2 months ago and it already failed. I only used it as I had it on the boat but never again.

Even at $165, ultra switches are the way to go. Made in the US.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Ultra Switch… inflation is real

Where did you find them for $165? Last I saw they were even higher. But they ARE the best out there.

Still worth it. Regular float switches get gummed up and quit working in no time. My old boat I replaced them all with these (back when you could get a 2 pack for $90) and haven’t had to touch them since. The crappy float switches are all working on the hatteras after I used my last spare, but the next one that breaks I’m replacing them all with these.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Where did you find them for $165? Last I saw they were even higher. But they ARE the best out there.
    Amazon. 180/190 everywhere else

Ultra Safety Systems Bilge Pump Switch Jr. UPS-02-24/32 V Float Switch Bilge Pump Switch https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CG8Q6...XY14HC0RN7VH25
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks. Like you say, if you look at their products relative to how long they last, the choice is clear.

I recently updated two pumps to Ultra to get my high water alarm back operational. Is there a way to test them for float operation? Magnet, and how?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

That’s the only downside of these switches. To test them you have to release the clamp and invert them.

What’s odd about the last two rule switches that failed is that they didn’t just fail to start or fail to stop the pump, they keep sending some voltage to the pump. Enough to get it hot but not enough to pump. Never again will I rely on them
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Yea, but at least we're all safe because they don't have mercury any more.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau