Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Seeking Boat History. 1980 Hatteras MY. Michigan/Ohio. Here’s Previous names.

[h=2]Seeking Boat History. 1980 Hatteras MY Michigan/Ohio. Here’s previous name[/h]
    Hello:

New owner of beautiful 1980 Hatteras MY which spent most of time in Michigan & Ohio.

Previous Names:

FINALE
    HATTRICK
    TOMMY C
    TOP HATT AND TAILS
    AUGUST NIGHTS
    SLUGGER

Love to talk with previous owners to gather history & knowledge!

PJT
    ”GRACE”
    1980 Hatteras MY

Re: Seeking Boat History. 1980 Hatteras MY. Michigan/Ohio. Here’s Previous names.

Looked at that boat years ago when it was Top Hatt, and she was absolutely stunning. I saw her come back on the market with a bunch of questionable modifications like removal of the optional aft hard enclosure that I liked. Other than that don't know that much about her.

Re: Seeking Boat History. 1980 Hatteras MY. Michigan/Ohio. Here’s Previous names.

CWW

Greetings & Thank You!

Yes she’s a Beauty.

Would love talk with PO’s to gather history on the boat if you or anyone has leads!

Unfortunately maintenance history/records were unavailable when purchased.

PJT

”GRACE”
    1980 Hatteras MY
    PJT

”GRACE”
    1980 53’ Hatteras MY

Try this: https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/me...opHattandTails Maybe an email to that member.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

SeaEric:

Thank You!

Feeling like a historian uncovering a mystery!

Every little bit helps!

I’m sure all Hatteras owners have been on here at one time or another, Thank You again!

PJT

”GRACE”
    53’ Hatteras MY
    PJT

”GRACE”
    1980 53’ Hatteras MY

We did a coast guard search on ours to see ownership history. It was kind of cool, boat started out new, delivered to Saudi Arabia. (I was told a wild story about a prince etc etc. but didn't believe it until we did the trace!) Also recently found owners manuals in some sort of Arabic translation!

Anyways, just a thought it might be you interesting ownership history, sales prices etc. if disclosed.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

I knew her as Top Hat & Tails. Owner did a bunch of upgrades. He added new boost transformers and raised the radar arch (he was a tall guy).
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI