Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Onan Generator stalls after oil/filter change

Quote Originally Posted by Wow57pro View Post
    The wire on the left goes to a temperature sensor mounted on the exhaust riser. It should ground and shut the engine down if there is no water flow out the exhaust.
    Thanks! I saw an old picture or two of this genny and a single wire headed back to that riser. So, I scoured that area, over and over, looking for it and there isn't a plug for it. All the hoses have been replaced over the years and that riser doesn't look more than a decade old. They must've replaced it without the sensor....and shut the need for it off somehow.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Check the heat exchanger for leaks

I thought I would build on this thread in that I am experiencing several of the well known Oh No issues starting with not wanting to remain running after main filter change. I discovered a fuel leak at the pump so it's time to go electric. I have a 20kw MDL4

Dilemma: 1. manual says 12v system, nope! 36v at the starter.
    2. manual shows gph at half/full load but I see no pressure specs

anyone who has used a 24v pump on an MDL4 care to share the specs on the pump you converted to? Anyone who might know the pressure specs?

I also have a leak from a screw or adjustment above the injector lines on the injection pump housing, I was going to remove it and attempt to find a replacement o-ring. One member mentioned doing this in another thread, hopefully he'll chime in.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears