Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Oil Pump (?) Info

My port transmission slips at high throttle settings before it fully warms up and the port gauge reads slightly below 110 where the starboard gauge reads slightly over 110, that one never slips. Is this a thing, are they really that sensitive? And they're adjustable? How do I adjust it? I was just babying it because I thought I was going to have replace or rebuilt it. What's the procedure for turning the pressure up?

According to the tech I spoke with, they ARE that sensitive. He said at 100psi, that is about the minimum for forward gear to engage. Reverse is lower about 60psi.

They are adjustable. There is a large 1" long nut, with locking nut snugged against it on the side of the pump opposite the suction side (bottom in my case). Tech said to remove the 1" nut, then loosen the lock nut. Once that is done, you can insert a screwdriver in the bottom and turn clockwise to increase the pressure. He said that you should monitor the gauge while doing this. Pressure may increase first, then decrease, but then rise again. Do it slowly and keep watching until steady pressure at 1200RPM or so reads 135lbs.

I have not done this procedure yet, so I can't comment on how it work, but does sound pretty simple.

You could also call Acadian Marine gear and talk to Brian Lemmon, Vice President. They are the experts on Allisons and very helpful.

337-837-3636
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yep, Brian is the man I spoke with. He was a tremendous help.