Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

anyone know the 46c with Volvo's in fla?

For our use., I'd like to find a series 2 45, optimal would be with cummins. But I've always loved the the series 1 46. There's a 1979 46 with volvo's, and from digging around, I think this boat used to be called "checkmate". It might've been on here but haven't found much about it yet. the boat looks nice, but pics lie. Wondering if anyone knows this boat.

The good dd guys are all retiring, and there's a good Volvo shop near where we boat. I've had a Volvo engine in the past (tamd63p 370hp) good mechanical engine, a little smokey, but just about made fuel. Not much about the tamd122p's on boat diesel. I think they're older mech engines, like my tamd63p. Good solid mech engines, like the dd's.

anyone know any history on checkmate? or on poacher?

any comments on 660hp in a series I 46c?

Re: anyone know the 46c with Volvo's in fla?

It was under contract a few months ago. I guess the survey didn’t go well. She’s been around a while .

Re: anyone know the 46c with Volvo's in fla?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hatt View Post
    It was under contract a few months ago. I guess the survey didn’t go well. She’s been around a while .
    thanks.

I decided to call on this to check it out last week. the story the broker told me was that the owner took it out the day before the survey and when he came in it wouldn't come out of gear. found that a tranny had failed. supposedly had it rebuilt.

not sure if I believe it, but I've moved on from that one.