Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Rant for the day.

My spiritual gift is being able to break more than I fix! Changed the Racor filters today, and decided to remove and clean the bowls as well. The drain plug o'rings didn't survive, probably original to the boat.. no problem, ill just order some from Racor... of course, only in a kit from Racor... but others offer a smaller kit, with the O'ring and another unnecessary part... but $15 bucks plus shipping.. $25 dollar o'ring... but your government actually has a National Part Number for the part and lord luv em... the size in the description! So I took my happy butt to our only real supply house left and got a dozen of them for $12. 7/8 x 3/4.. I got Viton (yes they are black, but they ARE Viton). Just finished up and realized wifey made me take almost my tools off the boat and my fancy fuel pressure pump is not on the boat.. fortunately my little 30 year old transfer pump was in the single tool box left on the boat... and it worked just fine. Up and running and enjoying a well earned beer.
    Attached Images

Re: Rant for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    ...Up and running and enjoying a well earned beer.
    And by informing us, you saved everyone else a few steps. Thanks and enjoy!
    Attached Images