Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Euphoria finally gets inverter, lithium batteries and solar

Well, after 3 years of planning and contemplating I finally did it. Scott Bickwid, Boatsb on the forum came up to New Bern, NC and spent 5 days installing my new system. Consists of 2 10kw victron inverters, 8 330 amp hour Victron lithium batteries, making a 660 amp hour bank at 48 volts. I installed (8) 370 watt solar panels on the fly bridge hardtop in custom hinged frames, built by a local in New Bern. For the short time I was on the boat before heading back to NY, the system was working great. I cant wait to see what it really can do in another month. Here are a few pics i took before leaving. The solar panels shown are only 1/2 of hard top, the other half is exactly the same.
    4 more batteries are under the lower bunk. Had a great experience working with Scott B.

Re: Euphoria finally gets inverter, lithium batteries and solar

Looks great. Now you can sell the generator
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I am curious what the over all costs were. This would be a great addition to Kemos
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Www.youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting

What loads and duration do you project?

Will that be sufficient to power an AC for a meaningful period of time?

Beautiful install.

Bruce

Freestyle
    Tampa

What was chosen to perform the solar charging?
    Regards
    Dan

Whats the return on investment as far as running a generator how long in hours to repay?

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma2128 View Post
    I am curious what the over all costs were. This would be a great addition to Kemos
    It was not cheap, Let’s say the cost was equivalent to a loaded brand new full size luxury pick up truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    What loads and duration do you project?

Will that be sufficient to power an AC for a meaningful period of time?

Beautiful install.

Bruce

Freestyle
    Tampa
    Yes it will power multiple AC’s for many hours, I had just started figuring out wattage of the ac’s before i left the boat. I should be able to power ac’s in two cabins all night long without running the batteries past 80%. During a sunny day, solar should cover the salon ac and 1/2 of the minimum house load/refrigeration. The goal is to only have to run the generator for an hour or two each day.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER BOB View Post
    Whats the return on investment as far as running a generator how long in hours to repay?
    I was not installing this and looking at return on investment. This was done, solely so i did not have to run the generators every time i left the dock. Obviously there will be about a hundred dollar savings every day, assuming that i only run the generator 2 hours. That does not factor in wear and tear and maintenance. This system will also allow me to only need one shore power connection at transient docks, saving $$ as well. Again return on investment was not factored into this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    What was chosen to perform the solar charging?
    everything installed was victron.