Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sun Tachometers

Sun Tachometers

I have two Sun tachometers 0-4000 range. Do not have the pulse sending units. See on Ebay for $79.00 will sell for $50.00/each.20220115_091111.jpg

Re: Sun Tachometers

Quote Originally Posted by TomT13 View Post
    I have two Sun tachometers 0-4000 range. Do not have the pulse sending units. See on Ebay for $79.00 will sell for $50.00/each.Attachment 56281
    Are these for a diesel or gas? I bought one on Bay like this once, brand new, and it would not work. I switched sides with my working one to verify it was the gauge. I am interested but want to make sure it will work with my Detroit 1271's

Having issues also. Only STB is accurate.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

These came off of my 1985 36 C with 3208 Cat engines.

Can you send me pictures of the back of the gauge? I would be interested in one of them if I can verify it will work

Photo of the back of the unit.
    Attached Images

I will see if I can get a look at mine this weekend. I may be able to look without unscrewing the panel that has about 20 screws. I want one just need to verify it will be the correct one.

Okay, just let me know. There is a guy on Craigslist where I also listed them who is interested but I would rather have a HOF member get them first.

Ok sounds good. I had something come up at work and have to go to an unplanned event tomorrow but should be able to check by Sunday pm for sure. I only need one so if the Craigslist dude needs one thats fine. If the craigslist dude needs a 4000 rpm that wont work with Detroits (I think it is for something with 4000 max but different communications) I would swap or sell as well. The one I bought was brand new old stock but does not talk to my senders.

0-4000 would most likely be for diesels- gas engines would have a higher rev limit.