Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Thanks madhatter1. I'd be willing to look at them, but there's only 1 avail that I've seen and it was repowered with a mack engine. good engine, but tough to get support for a mack down on the water.

  2. #12

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Painted interior always is a warning sign of a sinker. There is no such thing as a salvage title for a boat. Ive seen a lot of sinkers in their slips that were raised and flushed out and youd never know but the interior wood always holds the secrets. Not saying it was but warrants further investigation.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN




    Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

  3. #13

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    good point. another reason I was hoping someone knows the boat.

  4. #14

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Painted interior always is a warning sign of a sinker. There is no such thing as a salvage title for a boat. Ive seen a lot of sinkers in their slips that were raised and flushed out and youd never know but the interior wood always holds the secrets. Not saying it was but warrants further investigation.
    Always?

    I've seen lots of very nice Hatt's which have been painted or otherwise lightened up, many of which belong to members here. It makes the boat feel much larger than with the dark wood. I haven't been on a Series II 45 that I recall, but I don't think that's painted. If it is, they did a very thorough and fine job.

    The sofa is hideous, but to each their own. Hours are good and everything else looks good. I'd say it's definitely worth a look.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

  5. #15

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Well, it doesn't matter anyway. The admiral does not like the interior color, at all. So much for that.

    Anyone know of a 45c series 2 (84-92) with the original aformosia interior? Preferably with front windows, not glassed in?

  6. #16

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Always?

    I've seen lots of very nice Hatt's which have been painted or otherwise lightened up, many of which belong to members here. It makes the boat feel much larger than with the dark wood. I haven't been on a Series II 45 that I recall, but I don't think that's painted. If it is, they did a very thorough and fine job.

    The sofa is hideous, but to each their own. Hours are good and everything else looks good. I'd say it's definitely worth a look.
    Yes always a WARNING sign to investigate further. My experience has been interiors get painted to hide past sins.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN




    Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

  7. #17

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter anyway. The admiral does not like the interior color, at all. So much for that.

    Anyone know of a 45c series 2 (84-92) with the original aformosia interior? Preferably with front windows, not glassed in?
    I'd think a bit about the windows. I've had both. Much prefer glassed in. The windows tend to leak and crack, and the sun seems to be magnified thru them. I glassed over the windows on my 43 and bought my 45 as the "palm beach" style with no factory fwd windows.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

  8. #18

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Bob, do you have the light ash or standard aformosia interior? I want to see what the light ash interior looks like if anyone has one up in New England.
    thanks
    Joe

  9. #19

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    I got me a nice afro!
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

  10. #20

    Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

    Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter anyway. The admiral does not like the interior color, at all. So much for that.

    Anyone know of a 45c series 2 (84-92) with the original aformosia interior? Preferably with front windows, not glassed in?
    You could always repaint the interior to a different color or white/off white.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

    "Though she creaks - She holds"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts