Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

The wife and I are thinking of a 45 and we saw the 45c Virginia. Curious if anyone knows the boat or history on it?
    thx
    Joe

Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

Do you have a link to the listing, if it's for sale?

Hi Jim

here's the link. it was a light ash interior, but it looks like the interior has been painted gray. We really like the 45 with the walk around queen bed. We'd prefer one with the original aformosia(sp?) interior, but the only ones avail like that are out of our price range. There's a gorgeous one in Europe, but I think it would be cost prohibitive to get it here. Only a few series II available in this market.

thanks
    Joe

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/199...tible-7613918/

Clean boat. Interior reminds me of an old Mainship. Almost looks pastel in the pics but I'm just about color blind anyway. Love the lines of the 45.

From the listing (the photos are not all they could be, frankly) this appears to be as clean boat with few updates. The interior seems original, I did not see any engine room photos. If it would pass a serious hull and engine/genset survey, and the seller would negotiate on the price, this could be a boat that you buy and gradually improve over the years you own it. This is one of my favorite Hatteras convertibles; if I had ever moved up to a larger Hatteras, it would have been a Series II 45C; they are lovely boats. As for the interior, I like the afromosia much better, but that wouldn't stop me...
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 01-24-2022 at 02:05 PM.

I agree. I asked for more pics, we'll see. Just hoping someone knows some of the history on the boat.

Lightbulb anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

All I know about it is that it's been on the market for well over a year. When we started looking for a Hatt convertible/SF it was on the market... which would've been September of 2020.

Good luck!
    Hard work pays off in the future.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Thumbs up Re: anyone know the 45c Virgina down in Fla?

Hello,
    I had not seen that 45C listed before even though I usually search 45's for sale, so no specific knowledge on it. Just wanted to add my two cents, as we have owned our 1987' 45C for a few years and have been slowly upgrading it and learning all systems. We purchased ours after it had suffered some hurricane damage so it has been a long road. They are great boats and a good size for the type of boating we do in Puerto Rico.

As others have said, a good survey is key so you can avoid any surprises. I don't love the interior, but agree that it's not so bad. Any questions you may have about the 45C, I know myself or others should be able to help.

Good luck!
    JCG

Thanks guys. The interior is holding me up. But its worth a look.

Admitting I am extremely biased you may want to entertain looking at the 46 series 2. Walk around queen, excellent use of space with master head in the V, nice roomy engine room, and 8-92's with no electronics. Will be older than the 45 and will have the darker wood interior.

If you travel to FL to look at any boats I will gladly show you ours. Pictures do not show the interior same as a walk through.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP