Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1996 Hatt Survey and Detroit inspection recommendations Beaufort NC

Hello allI know there is a wealth of information on this site and would like to tap into some of thatHeading to Beaufort NC Thursday to look over the 1996 43 Hatt express Miss Kim. It has allegedly low hour 6-92’s and newer tower.Any and all local knowledge would be appreciated on either the boat, reputable surveyor and Detroit inspectorThe boat is listed with Bluewater Yacht SalesThanks in advance for the assist and look forward to joining the ranks if this works out Jim 772-321-two five eight eight

Re: 1996 Hatt Survey and Detroit inspection recommendations Beaufort NC

Decided to pass on this one. Thanks for the help anyway
    Last edited by Plan-D; 01-22-2022 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Not buying it

If you're on Facebook look up Steve Drummond he will be able point you in the right direction. He runs/owns a running gear company in Beaufort. Also owns a Hatteras.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Sadly I am a little challenged as you can see by my double post trying to edit a post We are coming in tomorrow to see the boat in personHope it’s as good as it’s told !Anyone have experience with the 43 open ? It’s really down to this and a 43 Tiara openOwned the tiara 43 Convertible in the past but really want the open now

Quote Originally Posted by Plan-D View Post
    Sadly I am a little challenged as you can see by my double post trying to edit a post We are coming in tomorrow to see the boat in personHope it’s as good as it’s told !Anyone have experience with the 43 open ? It’s really down to this and a 43 Tiara openOwned the tiara 43 Convertible in the past but really want the open now
    There was a guy on here had the 43 open said he loved the boat. I d take a Hatteras any day over a Tiara. Get an engine survey on the 92’s they are wet liner engines and don’t tolerate any overheating or lack of cooling system maintenance
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present