Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: 1976 Hatteras 58 LRC Stabilizer System Install

Interesting view of the engine room.... looking up into engine room from outside boat through hole drilled for actuator assembly...

Hull Hole Port Engine Room View.jpg

Hull Hole Port Engine Room View 02.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Due to the actuator being 137 pounds, I am installing them in pieces.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    It is not brass , it’s steel, probably zinc plated. It should not be covered as the measurement from the bottom of the boat to the top of this plate is fairly critical. It’s purpose is to provide a platform to jack the actuator out of the block if needed. I wish that I didn’t throw my old ones away , so I could show you the amount of deformation due too the soft blocks that I had .
    That would make a LOT more sense that's it's zinc plated steel.

The "reveal" of the actuator shaft assembly housing beyond the outer edge of the hole is 1/8". I'm sure that sets up the overall "height" you're talking about.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

My blocks weight is 48 lbs, what do you think the mahogany block weighs?
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

My mahogany blocks have no fiberglass. They are just set into some sort of sealant. Its not 5200 but something similar. They were installed the year after the boat was built and after 5000hrs of service and 36 years they still look like new so I guess mahogany was a pretty good choice.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I think my blocks are are constructed of mahogany plywood. And this is one of the problems . Solid boards would be more water resistant. Also , the Naiad installation manual calls for two layers of fiberglass covering the blocks and extending at least 6 inches away from the blocks.
    Last edited by jmooney; 01-21-2022 at 08:17 AM.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Sorry for the long pause in updates. I had some real life issues to take care of.

The install has progressed nicely. The actuators were installed and fiberglassed to the inside of the hull. You can't really see the fiberglass work in the pics since they tabbed them onto the hull and up on the sides of the support block.

I was not on the boat when they installed the fins and the yard did not get any pics of the fins installed.

The boat was re-splashed about two weeks ago. Then the oil cooler/reservoir was installed along with all the associated hydraulic hoses. The wiring was also installed and run up to the pilot house and upper helm. When I left there last week, they had installed both the upper helm and pilot house controls. All that was left to do was for the electronics guys to do the actual hook ups.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Here's s few more pics of the hydraulic pump installed, oil cooler/reservoir piped, plumbed and wired and actuators plumbed and wired...

Actuator Installed Port 04 complete.jpgActuator Installed Starbaord 04 complete.jpgHydraulic Pump.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL