Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Selling the house, going to buy a CPMY, looking for opinions

We have a 61' Cockpit Motor Yacht and it is for sale right now. I have it listed with Boston Yacht Sales on Yachtworld. 800 engine hours, 2 new Phisor 21kw generators, bow thruster, water maker, and new paint.
    You can PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk about the plus and minuses of the 61'.

In my mind the biggest advantage the 61' has over the larger boats is it weighs over 10,000lbs less
    and has the same power so it is going to burn a lot less less fuel.

There is a good review of the 61' by David Pascoe (one of the best marine surveyors ever) here is
    the link.
    https://www.yachtsurvey.com/boatrevi...otor_yacht.htm

Thanks for all the great info., I am a lifelong boater, both power and sail, have owned boats for decades, although 61' is about 16' more LOA than largest. Been on plenty of friends boats over 70', so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. This is on the bucket list, 2-3 years and done, ...while still working. Retirement will be waterfront with 17' whaler & a daysailer on lifts.

As above, Key is where you dock the boat. I recently bought a house off the New River FTL with 115 feet on the water. The canal is 60 feet wide, so you cannot be wider than 1/3r
    The canal width. That means the 15.5 wide Hatteras would be okay (ie 53 sportfish with naturals or 53/58 yachtfish which is what I want anyway) but nothing wider.