Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Refinance

Refinance

Anyone here in the mortgage business? Trying to refi. Hate BOA. Tried a mortgage broker but besides a high closing cost also says 15Y fixed is the same or higher than 30Y fixed. So now in addition to all the crazy fico score BS I have to find a way to get a good rate soon. I believe rates are going to go up very soon.

Also if any of you FL guys know anything good or bad about RP Funding let me know. Got the process started with them. I must be old now because I got them from the AM radio news talk station commercial!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: Refinance

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Anyone here in the mortgage business? Trying to refi. Hate BOA. Tried a mortgage broker but besides a high closing cost also says 15Y fixed is the same or higher than 30Y fixed. So now in addition to all the crazy fico score BS I have to find a way to get a good rate soon. I believe rates are going to go up very soon.

Also if any of you FL guys know anything good or bad about RP Funding let me know. Got the process started with them. I must be old now because I got them from the AM radio news talk station commercial!
    I'm in NYS but a bank that we have had good luck with always is Trustco. They have branched out to some areas of FL now.

They don't sell your mortgage or do any funny stuff, pretty old school. Annoying for day to day use, but for mortgages they are great.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Re: Refinance

I've paid off my house twice already. But 2.75% on 30 year money was too good to pass-up. So, I yanked out another $450k to put into last year's post-crash market.

I'm in finance and hate banks with a passion. Almost 15 years ago, I tried Loan Depot and they did alright when my situation was complicated by divorce. So, I tried them again this time. It took forever to close, but they kept me locked at the rate and all eventually worked out. So, that's my half-hearted recommendation. You can't hope for too much more with the world so screwed-up.

I would call this guy and tell him straight up your deal. He does this all day...tell him what you want and the special parameters. He's a soft spoken Souther Cali dude, but has a noticable work ethic. IMO, he'll tell you straight what he can do.

Steven Spear
    Licensed Lending Officer

(949) 652-4037

Last edited by JuiceClark; 01-12-2022 at 09:52 PM.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C