Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flushing Tee

Flushing Tee

Hi new to salt water and want to be able to flush out AC looking for
    Flushing tee 5/8th that salt water will not eat away ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you 😊

Re: Flushing Tee

CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I have a bronze three way valve (T valve) in series with my watermaker raw water intake, the normally closed end has a garden hose fitting on it. To flush/pickle my watermaker I just connect the ER garden hose and flip the valve, then run the watermaker for a few minutes.
    It would work the same to flush anything else and there's no plastic parts below the water line.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

thanks for input !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by major hattitude View Post
    ...new to salt water and want to be able to flush out AC ...
    BTW, if you need a quick start to marine systems, corrosion issues, etc., you would be well served to get a copy of Nigel Calder's book Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual.

Welcome and good luck!

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    I recommend against the Perco flush pro--12% of the amazon reviewers agreed that it's going to fail within a year....not good odds when pumping sea water into a boat.
    Cheers,
    Eric
    BREAKAWAY 1990 Hatteras 52CMY

You are flushing a air conditioning with 5/8" hose lines or After Cooler on some engine.
    I must have missed something in Albuquerque.

I am flushing A/C unit when we leave for extended time thank you !!!!

Why? Especially with the older cruisair a/c's most of these boats have they're made out of a good quality bronze/copper material that lasts forever. You may see them get repaired or replaced for failing compressors or sensors or electrical stuff, but I've never seen or even heard of one that got replaced because saltwater ate through the tubing. I think adding flushing attachments is a solution in search of a problem.