Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

56' FDMY - looking for advice from folks who have been considering widebodies

The Admiral and I are looking at retirement and think the 56' FDMY might be too much for us in retirement.

Presuming we put ours u p on the market, can anyone share insights on what appears to be the;
    (a) pricing sweet spot?
    (b) the gotcha/oh no things that you have seen that should scared you off?
    (c) the ah ha /so cool things that you saw that made a difference?

No rush, we are in the planning phase and aren't ready to do too much of anything until the mechanic is done with the starboard major overhaul.

kind regards,
    Timothy
    Timothy Rogers
    1981 56' FDMY
    "Fun@Sea.Calm"

Re: 56' FDMY - looking for advice from folks who have been considering widebodies

The yacht looks very nice . On Yacht world there are a few that have been listed for years ,I don't have any idea why they have not sold ,the 56 looks like a good value .

Re: 56' FDMY - looking for advice from folks who have been considering widebodies

The Admiral and I are looking for a up galley.

Pricing sweet spot is within 20% of BUC.

The gotcha / oh no things have to do with lack of maintenance, use, cleanliness, folks that put their yacht on the market expecting top dollar and don’t even care to fix inoperable items. That’s what scares me.

The ah so cool things is the turn key yacht that’s been cared for, properly maintained with upgrades.

When I sold my last yacht, the buyer knew everything about her before we entered into a contract and there were no surprises that came from the surveys. After purchase I provided an open line to answer questions and give advice as they became acquainted with her.

Sell her just like you’d like to be sold too.

Quote Originally Posted by trogers View Post
    The Admiral and I are looking at retirement and think the 56' FDMY might be too much for us in retirement.

Presuming we put ours u p on the market, can anyone share insights on what appears to be the;
    (a) pricing sweet spot?
    (b) the gotcha/oh no things that you have seen that should scared you off?
    (c) the ah ha /so cool things that you saw that made a difference?

No rush, we are in the planning phase and aren't ready to do too much of anything until the mechanic is done with the starboard major overhaul.

kind regards,
    Timothy

I think the 56' is a "wide body" (18' 10") so is always pricier, for purchase price, and I there might be docking issues. Some on here may remark re: docking, since wider.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...