Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Well, the rona got me

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I guess my logic is the vaccine was supposed to substantially reduce my chance of catching it, and the way odds calculations work (about the only thing I ever paid any attention to in math) them being vaccinated should further reduce my chances of catching it if the vaccines work as advertised. Which is an if, since viruses evolve over time in unpredictable ways. Speaking personally where 3/4 vaccinated people around me everyday of a wide mix of ages caught highly symptomatic infections, I am not sure I noticed any real difference.
    So, in short, as is the case with cheap masks, you're protected from those who don't have COVID.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

The elephant in the room which the fear distributing media and of course big pharma are all ignoring is your immune system. This is the first line of defense against the Red Flu and other bugs.

What do you think happens to your immune system after 2 years of over sanitizing and mask wearing breath g your own carp. MIA! Your immune system is missing in action... hybernating

We got the red flu very early on in January of 2020, in the Bahamas where there were still quite a few Chinese tourists. The bahamian staff at Staniel Cay was laughing at them with their masks and gloves! They knew about it back then... but didn’t tell the world

Naomi got it worst than me with fever and pains but my cough took a month to go away.

Ever since that episode, we haven’t taken any precaution. I haven’t used sanitizer at all... I only wore a mask of obliged to at the marina office or the occasional store. We have been in close contact with hundred of people in the last two years none wearing masks...

I am what many would consider at risk. Just turned 60, a bit overweight with slightly high BP. But I believe in an active immune system. I drink the juice of 3 or 4 lemons or limes every day. Outdoor a lot. Etc.

To me this is far better than taking a bunch of shots which are proven not to prevent infection, what it really does is, supposedly, minimize the effects of the bug.

But as always... follow the money. Big pharma is taking in record profit not just the vax but the hundreds of millions of useless tests. Labs profits have gone thru the roof. Same for text manufacturers. Look it up.

Just our experience with the red flu. And don’t forget. It s a virus made in china... when does China make anything that really works?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Dammit, Pascal, you can't keep posting things that I agree with, or this place won't be any fun anymore!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    The elephant in the room which the fear distributing media and of course big pharma are all ignoring is your immune system. This is the first line of defense against the Red Flu and other bugs. What do you think happens to your immune system after 2 years of over sanitizing and mask wearing breath g your own carp. MIA! Your immune system is missing in action... hybernating We got the red flu very early on in January of 2020, in the Bahamas where there were still quite a few Chinese tourists. The bahamian staff at Staniel Cay was laughing at them with their masks and gloves! They knew about it back then... but didn’t tell the world Naomi got it worst than me with fever and pains but my cough took a month to go away. Ever since that episode, we haven’t taken any precaution. I haven’t used sanitizer at all... I only wore a mask of obliged to at the marina office or the occasional store. We have been in close contact with hundred of people in the last two years none wearing masks...I am what many would consider at risk. Just turned 60, a bit overweight with slightly high BP. But I believe in an active immune system. I drink the juice of 3 or 4 lemons or limes every day. Outdoor a lot. Etc. To me this is far better than taking a bunch of shots which are proven not to prevent infection, what it really does is, supposedly, minimize the effects of the bug. But as always... follow the money. Big pharma is taking in record profit not just the vax but the hundreds of millions of useless tests. Labs profits have gone thru the roof. Same for text manufacturers. Look it up. Just our experience with the red flu. And don’t forget. It s a virus made in china... when does China make anything that really works?
    100% spot on. My family didn’t care about the China virus from days one. We live in PA when PA closed we went to Fl for 3 weeks. By the time we came back to PA we had figured out the restaurants that didn’t care. I would not go any place that wouldn’t let me in without a mask. The only time I did wear a mask was to fly, and the mask I wear to fly came from a website fakemaskusa.com. When I fly I know I need one but I don’t put it on until someone says something. Most times I’ve made it to the plane before being told about it. One flight attendant told me they don’t care what I do once I’m in my seat. But it would be better if I acted like I’m eating the whole flight. Even with not caring and doing everything I wasn’t supposed to I didn’t get the great cold until August 2021.

For the way I think Pascal summed it up perfectly. Hand sanitizers, distancing, staying home and away from others won't help down the road. Eventually your immune system is running like its on welfare. It doesn't work!

We are an outdoor family doing outdoor things. Dirt bikes, boating, camping. All with others. Food dropped? 5 second rule for us is can we get it before the dog does. Make drinks with ice from coolers that have sammichs a little wet and of course the spilled whatever beverage that someone balanced in the corner.

My kids played in the dirt, went to school while other kids were sick......and hardly ever even caught a cold.

Now I'm sure I probably grossed out a couple of ya. But sorry, exposure to all the world has to offer is your best chance. We're not licking toilets or door handles but we are living life.
    Last edited by madhatter1; 01-17-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

More and more people are figuring out that you just have to live your life. We never acted like this for the flu, but it is deadly too. I think Fauci wished we had treated the flu like COVID for years, but we never have. Freedom is not free. There are risks and always have been but it is obviously worth it. Personal choice. If you want to wear a face diaper, go for it but don't be upset if some of us laugh at you. That's another freedom, Comedy. Will we ever be able to listen to a comedian again or are all of them quitting so as not to "offend" someone? Remember the days of getting roasted because you sat in the front row at the comedy club? Good times.......................
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

So after many ups and downs on the taste thing, much weight loss (I guess that's good) things are now finally back to near normal. Can enjoy many foods again. Beer mostly tastes like beer. Still have issues but based on how far things were off when I created this thread life is good. When I got my gout attacks in order with the right meds (and the calcium deposit attacks in upper joints, really the same thing but different cause) I gained a new lease on life. I don't care how far I have to walk anymore because..... I can walk!!. So same thing with the food thing. Just glad I can enjoy most food and beverages these days.

Anyway posting an update just incase anyone else is dealing with this and could use some encouragement for recovery.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

You take statin drugs for cholesterol? Makes the gout symptoms worse.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Had a friend with gout problems. He quit drinking diet soda and the problem went away.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    You take statin drugs for cholesterol? Makes the gout symptoms worse.
    Finally had the chance to look up what I am taking. No Statin drugs. I rarely get gout flare ups anymore. Its the calcium attacks that are recurring. There is no way to get rid of the calcium ore control it. Its just there. But When I feel something I pop a colchicine an meloxicam and I'm good.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP