Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Well, the rona got me

I'm starting to think the vaccines make Covid worse. I know very few people that got the vaccines. But the people I know that did get it end up layed up in bed talking about how thankful they are they got the vaccines because it would be so much worse if they hadn't. I've had Covid twice first time last August and then again late December. When I had it in August I would wake up feeling pretty good. Then I'd starting getting tired while I was at work. By 8 at night id have a 102 fever and was exhausted. But I went to work and worked out every day I was just sick at night so I'd go to bed early. After a week of putting up with that I took Hydroxychloroquine and that was the end of it. 2nd time in December I thought it was a cold until I lost my taste.

In August myself and 5 of my friends had it around the same time. The 5 unvaxed went to work everyday and continued on with our lives. The one that was vaxed kept letting everyone know how sick they were. We're all mid 40's and very active. All of us unvaxed also have Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin on hand for when we get it.

My wife just got it the weekend before last. I was a little worried about her because she has some health issues. She was up in New England for the weekend and starting feeling sick on Friday. She was pretty sick and had a high fever on Saturday morning. She took an at home test and tested positive on Saturday so I told her to come home and get pills but she wouldn't. When she came home sunday night she had a high fever and couldn't talk. She took the Hydroxy and by Monday night was felling fine and back at work on Tuesday.

My son and wife got the first shot of Moderna and had no reactions I resisted but caved a week later. Within 4 hours I became extremely sick 102 fever vomiting diarrhea. Called the pharmacist that gave me the shot said about 50% get reactions similar to mine. Lasted 4 days felt like crap for 2 weeks. When my son and wife went for the second they had the same reactions I had. I’m not going back for the second.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I got delta despite being vaccinated and it was the sickest I’ve been in my life. You’d know it if it was that.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I got delta despite being vaccinated and it was the sickest I’ve been in my life. You’d know it if it was that.
    Goes along with my thinking the vaccines make it worse. When I had it in August I would guess it was Delta. That's when they had the Delta surge in Fl. We took our boat on a trip and 3 out of 6 of us got it. That was also when a vaccinated friend also got it in Fl. The 3 of us that are not vaccinated took our Hydroxy and went on with life. The vaccinated person said she had never been sicker and didn't leave her room. It did run me down, Id go do yard work for 2-3 hours then need to take a 30 minute break. I would also get to a point of being so tired when I'd workout that I would vomit, but that was my own fault for trying to do a normal routine while sick.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
    Goes along with my thinking the vaccines make it worse. When I had it in August I would guess it was Delta. That's when they had the Delta surge in Fl. We took our boat on a trip and 3 out of 6 of us got it. That was also when a vaccinated friend also got it in Fl. The 3 of us that are not vaccinated took our Hydroxy and went on with life. The vaccinated person said she had never been sicker and didn't leave her room. It did run me down, Id go do yard work for 2-3 hours then need to take a 30 minute break. I would also get to a point of being so tired when I'd workout that I would vomit, but that was my own fault for trying to do a normal routine while sick.
    Oh there was no doing yard work for 2-3 hours for me, it was a week and a half of feeling like death. Was all I could do to make it to the bathroom and take a shower so I didn’t smell like a homeless guy. I would be physically exhausted for the next few hours just from taking a shower. Caught it from two other people in the office who wasn’t vaccinated. One of them was like me, she just felt like death for two weeks and then was fine. The other one was older and she spent a month in the icu, half of it intubated. Office mgr was vaccinated and caught it, he had the same symptoms as me, same recovery timeline almost to the hour. Another guy in the office was vaccinated and he didn’t catch it at all. Kind of a mixed bag, really. Only one person out of 6 of us that work together in close quarters didn’t get it, out of the other 5 of us 3 were vaccinated and still got very sick. 2 weren’t and got very sick. It doesn’t seem like it did much. The open question being I guess if I’d made them get vaccinated under threat of job loss, would it have made a difference, and I dunno because I didn’t do that.

Oh there was no doing yard work for 2-3 hours for me, it was a week and a half of feeling like death. Was all I could do to make it to the bathroom and take a shower so I didn’t smell like a homeless guy. I would be physically exhausted for the next few hours just from taking a shower. Caught it from two other people in the office who wasn’t vaccinated. One of them was like me, she just felt like death for two weeks and then was fine. The other one was older and she spent a month in the icu, half of it intubated. Office mgr was vaccinated and caught it, he had the same symptoms as me, same recovery timeline almost to the hour. Another guy in the office was vaccinated and he didn’t catch it at all. Kind of a mixed bag, really. Only one person out of 6 of us that work together in close quarters didn’t get it, out of the other 5 of us 3 were vaccinated and still got very sick. 2 weren’t and got very sick. It doesn’t seem like it did much. The open question being I guess if I’d made them get vaccinated under threat of job loss, would it have made a difference, and I dunno because I didn’t do that.
    My guess if you required the vaccine is all you would have accomplished is having less employees. I have 3 separate companies all in a related industry. Between the 3 we have around 200 employees. When Biden started talking about the mandate for 100 employees or more I got a little worried because our biggest company is usually right around 100. We were at 99 but hiring. We took a survey of the employees and 12 out of the 99 were vaxed and around 50 said they'd quit if they were forced to get it. So we just added people at another one of the companies. We are right across the street from Deka batteries so we figured they were going to have to enforce the mandate so we put a big help wanted sign out front, no vaccine required. I got more applicants from that sign then I'd ever gotten before. We were open every day through Covid, and all but two of our employees have health conditions that prevent them from wearing masks. Yet we didn't have any big Covid outbreaks, just a person here and there.

Okay, I just have to ask... why does it matter whether or not they were vaccinated if you were?

Therein lies the rub for me with the idea of mandatory vaccinations. If they work, why would anyone need to fear an unvaccinated person?

Then comes the now very common knowledge that those who have gotten all the vaccines have still contracted the virus. I personally know people who have gone down that path, one of which has had COVID three times.

Yes, it can be argued that being vaccinated lessens the severity of COVID, but it's known fact that people have had severe reactions to it, including death. With all that in mind, which pair of dice do you roll?

I'm at the period now that I can consider being vaccinated as I was specifically told to stay away from them having had full blown COVID. Every day, more information is coming to light about... bad information. Death counts were manipulated, and I can only assume that since those numbers were manipulated, the numbers for adverse effects of the vaccines have been as well.

It sure would have been nice just to have been told the truth, whatever that may be, at the beginning of this mess. It reminds me of Benghazi and the claim it was a spontaneous reaction to a movie. I trust everyone remembers the original claimed source of COVID.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I guess my logic is the vaccine was supposed to substantially reduce my chance of catching it, and the way odds calculations work (about the only thing I ever paid any attention to in math) them being vaccinated should further reduce my chances of catching it if the vaccines work as advertised. Which is an if, since viruses evolve over time in unpredictable ways. Speaking personally where 3/4 vaccinated people around me everyday of a wide mix of ages caught highly symptomatic infections, I am not sure I noticed any real difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Okay, I just have to ask... why does it matter whether or not they were vaccinated if you were?Therein lies the rub for me with the idea of mandatory vaccinations. If they work, why would anyone need to fear an unvaccinated person?Then comes the now very common knowledge that those who have gotten all the vaccines have still contracted the virus. I personally know people who have gone down that path, one of which has had COVID three times.Yes, it can be argued that being vaccinated lessens the severity of COVID, but it's known fact that people have had severe reactions to it, including death. With all that in mind, which pair of dice do you roll?I'm at the period now that I can consider being vaccinated as I was specifically told to stay away from them having had full blown COVID. Every day, more information is coming to light about... bad information. Death counts were manipulated, and I can only assume that since those numbers were manipulated, the numbers for adverse effects of the vaccines have been as well. It sure would have been nice just to have been told the truth, whatever that may be, at the beginning of this mess. It reminds me of Benghazi and the claim it was a spontaneous reaction to a movie. I trust everyone remembers the original claimed source of COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
    My guess if you required the vaccine is all you would have accomplished is having less employees. I have 3 separate companies all in a related industry. Between the 3 we have around 200 employees. When Biden started talking about the mandate for 100 employees or more I got a little worried because our biggest company is usually right around 100. We were at 99 but hiring. We took a survey of the employees and 12 out of the 99 were vaxed and around 50 said they'd quit if they were forced to get it. So we just added people at another one of the companies. We are right across the street from Deka batteries so we figured they were going to have to enforce the mandate so we put a big help wanted sign out front, no vaccine required. I got more applicants from that sign then I'd ever gotten before. We were open every day through Covid, and all but two of our employees have health conditions that prevent them from wearing masks. Yet we didn't have any big Covid outbreaks, just a person here and there.
    Fleet wood Pa? I grew up in Harleysville area
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Fleet wood Pa? I grew up in Harleysville area
    Correct, we're actually in Topton but 3 miles down the road from the Fleetwood plant. Deka bought the old Choloric plant in Topton 15 years ago.