Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Well, the rona got me

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    N95 mask offer some protection.The mask tests are tested on test dummies , with a perfect fit ! A 3% leakage/ gap on the fit will reduce effectiveness by 50 %
    By no means am I making the case for the N95. I am only reinforcing my own analysis as to how useless all these cloth masks are.

Furthermore, I have been going to the various Fed "Health" web sites for background data: NIH, CDC, CMS, you name it. Yes, lots of "data", but much data has been and is being withheld. E.g., my "biggie", what percent of each human breath contains COVID Virus molecules, provided that person is infected. Nada. No info. So even if the best mask is used, it is not possible to infer how many infectious molecules are exhaled with each breath!

Frankly, there must be an immunologist or so on this site, who could make the case that one infected person, N95 masked, can infect a large (whatever that is) number of people.

Final aspect of this rant: there will be over $5Bn of billings for future therapeutics, recently developed, at $530 per "set". Vs the several known existing therapeutics at $5-$7 each. I would say that the "Lobbiests" for big pharma, all on "K" street in WDC, have been very active persuading the Feds, to choose the high cost responses/approaches. But then, that is what they are paid to do ($1-2M/annum at least). I do not begrudge them, but I would have hoped the Feds would have been more circumspect.

Ah choo. Oh, sorry dust sneeze...
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 01-18-2022 at 11:10 PM. Reason: update2/ corrections
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Sorry I’m just now seeing this thread and hate to hear more of you have been Rona’d. The only thing I would strongly advise is purchasing a blood oxygen monitoring thingy if you think or especially know you have COVID. It can creep up (or should I say down?) on you without you even knowing it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Lost sense of smell but not taste although sense of smell affects the way a lot of things taste.
    My daughter had a mild case in July 2020 and she's still struggling with taste and smell. She says it's coming back somewhat, but it's different. Basically, she's getting used to it. Vaxxed and boosted and she had it again last month, but very mild.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Had some good days and not so good days. Today is a really bad day. All food anywhere near me smells disgusting. Can't go anywhere near downwind of a restaurant exhaust fan.

On the other hand I am finally losing some weight! At this rate I'll be rockin a new beach body in time for summer.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I have heard that some people with Covid history, that have sensory issues have used essential oils to retrain their senses ie smell.
    I googled peripherally and there are entries for this. Just one direction to try. Good luck

Just had what appeared to be the Omicron run through the household at Christmas. 4 out of 4 testing positive. We had a variety of responses. Wife shook it off in 4 days and headed west to ski a week later. I battled fatigue headache and chest pain for several days and lost taste/smell for a thankfully short 4 days. Worst part of that was losing my beloved morning coffee ritual. If that whole experience conferred some immunity, it wasn't a bad bargain. Rona is just a part of the background now that we'll have to get used to until the NEXT pandemic happens along. And that will happen.

We’re you vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by ian w View Post
    We’re you vaccinated
    Yes and boosted. All 4 of us.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmove View Post
    Just had what appeared to be the Omicron run through the household at Christmas. 4 out of 4 testing positive. We had a variety of responses. Wife shook it off in 4 days and headed west to ski a week later. I battled fatigue headache and chest pain for several days and lost taste/smell for a thankfully short 4 days. Worst part of that was losing my beloved morning coffee ritual. If that whole experience conferred some immunity, it wasn't a bad bargain. Rona is just a part of the background now that we'll have to get used to until the NEXT pandemic happens along. And that will happen.
    Seen a few breakthroughs myself around me lately, including possibly myself but I had the booster at the same time so I'm not sure. But all at home and done in a week. Yes, that may turn out to be the new normal. Had the full blown original fresh out of the can in December of 2020, before we even had a vaccine, and it almost did me in. My coffee tasted like someone poured a pound of salt in it..... so I feel your pain.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmove View Post
    Yes and boosted. All 4 of us.
    Good to see you checking in, Eric!

DAN