Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Re: Well, the rona got me

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    N95 mask offer some protection.The mask tests are tested on test dummies , with a perfect fit ! A 3% leakage/ gap on the fit will reduce effectiveness by 50 %
    By no means am I making the case for the N95. I am only reinforcing my own analysis as to how useless all these cloth masks are.

Furthermore, I have been going to the various Fed "Health" web sites for background data: NIH, CDC, CMS, you name it. Yes, lots of "data", but much data has been and is being withheld. E.g., my "biggie", what percent of each human breath contains COVID Virus molecules, provided that person is infected. Nada. No info. So even if the best mask is used, it is not possible to infer how many infectious molecules are exhaled with each breath!

Frankly, there must be an immunologist or so on this site, who could make the case that one infected person, N95 masked, can infect a large (whatever that is) number of people.

Final aspect of this rant: there will be over $5Bn of billings for future therapeutics, recently developed, at $530 per "set". Vs the several known existing therapeutics at $5-$7 each. I would say that the "Lobbiests" for big pharma, all on "K" street in WDC, have been very active persuading the Feds, to choose the high cost responses/approaches. But then, that is what they are paid to do ($1-2M/annum at least). I do not begrudge them, but I would have hoped the Feds would have been more circumspect.

Ah choo. Oh, sorry dust sneeze...
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 01-18-2022 at 11:10 PM. Reason: update2/ corrections
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...