Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Well, the rona got me

Back in September got the rona. Not so bad. Like a cold with 2 days of fever chills. Lost sense of smell but not taste although sense of smell affects the way a lot of things taste. No biggie, I'll endure and wait it out.

Well crap. Part of smell coming back is a lot of weird smells that are all wrong. I'll spare the details but at this point the only thing I can get down is a vanilla shake. Wife cooks dinner and the whole house smells vile. Got the ozone machine running on the boat because the way this is going downhill so fast I may need to camp out there away from everyday smells.

I used to think gout was the worst thing to happen to me but right now.... maybe not. It's that bad.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: Well, the rona got me

Ouch. That's not a good story but at least your on the mend.

Get well soon.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Premise- Admiral and I got the two shot COVID vaccine in March, 2021. Good forever, per Fauci. OBTW, he ran the HIV outbreak in Calif in 1985. Said there would be vaccines for sure "any time"; About 30 years and counting for the vaccines.

Sooo, I got the COVID, just after Xgvg. My Grandson had it, so got it from him, no doubt. Admiral got it too eventually, but not too badly.

My progression was:
    Tues PM- take it off, then will feel better (sure!)
    Wed all day- major sniffles irritates throat and that causes coughing; took meds to knock all that down.
    Note: No lung issues: good O2 levels (95%), good BP 118/72, temp = 98.5
    Wed - I ran an Abbott Lab test and it was positive for COVID; well there you go;
    Thurs- starting to subside. Felt better and better, so much so that stayed up until 5am, Friday.
    Fri: 5:30am, all better, no symptoms! COVID test is "clear", aka negatory!

Issue: I was whipped- takes the energy out of you. Worse yet, your sleep cycle is all screwed- that issue is documented.

As I write, totally good since before Xmas.

So in the family, Gson and Gdaughter got it, then Admiral I did. Son-maybe had it bad in Oct; who knows.

Sister in law and many relatives had it.

Good friend and his brother got it. Sorry to say that the brother had outstanding brochial issues- he did die from it, but his brother had mild symptoms

So latest reports published are: you want to get the Omicron, get all your shots, plus the Booster. Got to be a Country-Western song in there somewhere.

The SECofDEF, had all the shots possible- don't want a Discharge you know. Whoops, he has it!

Finally, I have been saying for over a year, that these cheapo masks are useless. Run the numbers backwards from Avogadro's Number (a human breath contains 1/6th Avogadro's Number of Molecules, which is still a huge number.) and its painful how a massive number of molecules get through the cheap masks with every breath, obviously including COVID molecules, if you are infected. So what does the CDC now say: Only the Surgical Grade N95 masks are any good!!! You don't say.

Gotta Stop...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Right there with you guys. Wife, boomerang son and I got the Rona all within a few days. Spent New Year’s Eve isolated. It wasn’t all that bad, our next-door neighbors (parents) delivered all of the seafood and goodies to our doorstep knocked and left. Even better than room service because we didn’t have to tip! As far as the Rona goes it’s not even as bad as the flu. Felt almost 100% on day four. Maybe just some mild fatigue after some exertion. Here’s the kicker. Son and I are fully vaxed. Wife is not, we all had identical symptoms and severity levels. YMMV
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Understand that that N95 is only 95% efficient. And all these devices are rated by NIOSH who was charged with mine safety. Not biological.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Premise- Admiral and I got the two shot COVID vaccine in March, 2021. Good forever, per Fauci. OBTW, he ran the HIV outbreak in Calif in 1985. Said there would be vaccines for sure "any time"; About 30 years and counting for the vaccines.

Sooo, I got the COVID, just after Xgvg. My Grandson had it, so got it from him, no doubt. Admiral got it too eventually, but not too badly.

My progression was:
    Tues PM- take it off, then will feel better (sure!)
    Wed all day- major sniffles irritates throat and that causes coughing; took meds to knock all that down.
    Note: No lung issues: good O2 levels (95%), good BP 118/72, temp = 98.5
    Wed - I ran an Abbott Lab test and it was positive for COVID; well there you go;
    Thurs- starting to subside. Felt better and better, so much so that stayed up until 5am, Friday.
    Fri: 5:30am, all better, no symptoms! COVID test is "clear", aka negatory!

Issue: I was whipped- takes the energy out of you. Worse yet, your sleep cycle is all screwed- that issue is documented.

As I write, totally good since before Xmas.

So in the family, Gson and Gdaughter got it, then Admiral I did. Son-maybe had it bad in Oct; who knows.

Sister in law and many relatives had it.

Good friend and his brother got it. Sorry to say that the brother had outstanding brochial issues- he did die from it, but his brother had mild symptoms

So latest reports published are: you want to get the Omicron, get all your shots, plus the Booster. Got to be a Country-Western song in there somewhere.

The SECofDEF, had all the shots possible- don't want a Discharge you know. Whoops, he has it!

Finally, I have been saying for over a year, that these cheapo masks are useless. Run the numbers backwards from Avogadro's Number (a human breath contains 1/6th Avogadro's Number of Molecules, which is still a huge number.) and its painful how a massive number of molecules get through the cheap masks with every breath, obviously including COVID molecules, if you are infected. So what does the CDC now say: Only the Surgical Grade N95 masks are any good!!! You don't say.

Gotta Stop...
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

N95 mask offer some protection.The mask tests are tested on test dummies , with a perfect fit ! A 3% leakage/ gap on the fit will reduce effectiveness by 50 %

The one going around now is the one you want to get for getting over it. My son just had it for a couple days. Tested positive but was just like a cold and now gone.

I had it over three months ago and now feeling worst effect. But finding foods I can eat. Like a cold cut sammich!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Madhatter1, are you saying you had the mild form (Omni whatever) or the Delta or more severe version?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I would guess delta. Got it mid September. Or could be anything in between. Who knows. I don't think it just changes overnight from one to the other. Maybe delticrom?
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Family all got it last week. It must've been the Omicron because nobody lost taste or smell. Kid had a fever for a day. Other kid nothing. Mom had a couple days fever and headache. Poor ol' dad had 4 days fever ending last Thursday.

My wife got tests from work and we all tested positive except the kid with no symptoms.
    I still feel really off though, even though it's gone. Wifey also feels the same dizzyness and tired....kinda' hypoglycemic feeling.

The fact we still don't have an antiviral, in this day and age, is an outrage.

Edit: Yes, we already had COVID in 2/2020 and wife and I also had the "vaccine."
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 01-04-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C