Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Something missing from the Hattera web site

Was on the https://www.hatterasyachts.com/ website today and noticed the only boats being advertised are Sportfish models. The Motor Yachts appear to be no more…. Does anyone have any insights?
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: Something missing from the Hattera web site

I guess White River is going to hold true on their statement….. Found this in a press release: “White River plans to build a limited number of Hatteras motoryachts, but said the primary focus will be the “next generation of the very finest sportfishing boats ever made.””
    Best regards,
    --
    David

They must have a pilothouse or sedan planned, right? What a waste of good molds.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

From what I've heard they destroyed all of the MY molds except for the 105' stuff.
    Also, the Cabo molds are gone and most of the Convertible molds too except for from 54' thru 65',
    Not sure if the 70c was crushed or not.
    Supposedly they're trying to decide whether or not to start with all new molds for everything.
    My opinion is that the current line up of SF's can compete with Viking but it's going to take a ton of effort on multiple fronts.
    First customers are going to have to be lured in at a lower price point until Hatteras can get quite a few new boats out on the water

And of course Hatteras has to figure out how to actually build a bunch of boats that are actually completed on time.

Btw, Viking is done building MY's too, and they put a ton of effort into it over the last 5-6 years.

And, while this is going on Viking is sold out for 3 years.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I hope this isn’t true about Hatteras and Viking. If so, it means the mid size MY market between 60 and 100 will be left to the Italians and a few other counties. What a shame from the company who “invented” the MY

But the signs are here... 20 years ago my dock had 8 or 9 Hatteras. Today there are just 2, And 6 mutts.

Very sad.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Browsing through YachtWorld and Boatquest.com I might consider that it’s time to explore the Mediterranean. There seems to be a lot of European motor yachts being built over there. I am currently considering an 80’ Hatteras here in the states but the Med is an attractive alternative
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

And of course Hatteras has to figure out how to actually build a bunch of boats that are actually completed on time.
    The bar has been fairly low lately for sure. Getting them out the door seems to be the hardest part.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

I heard that White River only wanted the facility, which I understand is first rate , although I have never been there.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL