Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Disaster about to unfold on live stream

This is the name of a thread under The boating forum on THT. Check it out. CRAZY!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: Disaster about to unfold on live stream

OMG that was cool watching him cut through the ice, the other video was to the point of almost on the trailer and the video ended!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

I don't have a good feeling about what the future holds for this Roamer.
    Warren
    1973 Chris-Craft 47 Commander
    1994 Sea Ray Laguna 16SC
    (wannabe Hatteras owner)

Quote Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
    I don't have a good feeling about what the future holds for this Roamer.
    It seams to be having a string of bad luck. Maybe the ice made a bunch of dents and it will sail faster like the dents in a golf ball help its flight??

Would be nice to know they got it out o.k. but just checked and didn't see any further updates.
    The video ended with it about 3/4 of the way onto the trailer.

I'm guessing they made it.

Nope: as of 2.15 pm they are still trying to get it on the trailer, another live link went up...
    Last edited by Bob Quinn; 12-16-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    It seams to be having a string of bad luck. Maybe the ice made a bunch of dents and it will sail faster like the dents in a golf ball help its flight??

Would be nice to know they got it out o.k. but just checked and didn't see any further updates.
    The video ended with it about 3/4 of the way onto the trailer.

I'm guessing they made it.

Nope: as of 2.15 pm they are still trying to get it on the trailer, another live link went up...
    That's the way I feel about small Hatteras hull blisters....breaks the suction.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

I watched for a bit earlier today but got bored. Did they manage to pull it out?

Hope they're not going far if they did as the air draft has to be up there pretty good.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I watched for a bit earlier today but got bored. Did they manage to pull it out?

Hope they're not going far if they did as the air draft has to be up there pretty good.
    5.30 pm the sun is setting and the boat is fully out of the water but the wheels of the trailer are still partially in the water. They are making progress!

This reminds me of when I was a kid and lived on a farm. My dad got his John Deere 720 stuck in the swampy woods, ended up being several other large tractors stuck, a jeep, a bulldozer and I'm not sure what else. Some stayed until spring. It was quite the hoopla! fun times for a kid running back and forth on snowmobiles LOL. I'm guessing the adults were not thinking it was so much fun. Or it was sort of a contest of who had the biggest badest most capable "pulling machine" LOL.

The good news for this boat is the ice took off a lot of the hull paint so it will be much less work to strip and repaint! While many are laughing, I admire the fortitude and the guy probably got a deal on the boat so he WON. Provided the -not so sturdy- looking trailer get's it to a safe destination!

They say its an old Mobil Home Trailer and they reinforced it

I would hope so, a 50 ton boat on an old site trailer will get the whole load just to the scene of the accident!

Walt Hoover

Earlier today while I was at the dog park in N Fort Myers, a couple of geniuses managed to get a 30-foot bayliner onto a trailer in the kayak launch ramp at the park. This kayak launch is in the end of a mangrove tunnel, and probably a 12-foot width for the ramp, maybe more in the water. How they got the trailer down the ramp is not nearly as crazy as the size of the boat they pulled out - I only wish I had been in a position to see the whole process, not just the boat/trailer dragging broken branches thru the parking lot.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL