Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: diesel heater

diesel heater

Going to install a diesel heater in my 37C anybody advice would be great ducting, unit placement

Thinking of installing under the sectional couch on port side air intake in cabin, exhaust to go through engine room and outside the boat
    near other vents. I bought a marine kit airtronic Espar brand One duct in engine room one in salon and maybe one
    through forward buklhead in er to supply some heat to staterooms and head
    Just not sure how to get ducts past the engine room forward
    Thanks

Re: diesel heater

I'm not fond of the Espar units. We had 3 in a Prevost coach once. It seems like I was always working on one of them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: diesel heater

Quote Originally Posted by newinlet View Post
    Going to install a diesel heater in my 37C anybody advice would be great ducting, unit placement

Thinking of installing under the sectional couch on port side air intake in cabin, exhaust to go through engine room and outside the boat
    near other vents. I bought a marine kit airtronic Espar brand One duct in engine room one in salon and maybe one
    through forward buklhead in er to supply some heat to staterooms and head
    Just not sure how to get ducts past the engine room forward
    Thanks
    On my 1980 Hatteras 37C I have installed Planar Autoterm 8DM 6 years ago. I placed mine on the Starboard side because there was heater exhaust fitted on that side in the past. I suspended it on a frame I built from 1 1/2' angle bars and run the ducting into main cabin and drilled a 3" hole in the bulkhead to run the ducting into side cabin and V Berth in the front. It is amazing heater heats up the boat from just about freezing temperatures to 21C in 20-25 minutes, after that it just ticks and maintains the heat. It is Russian technology at its best. I had Eberspacher on my sailboat and had only troubles with it. This one is two taps on the controller to start and two taps to stop it. Admiral loves it.
    M/V BONAZZA
    1980 Hatteras
    37 Convertible
    Hull# - 405
    Twin DD 6-71NA
    Vancouver, Canada