Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Dreaming of a Future Florida Trip - Marina cost range?

I found in Key West they have a mooring field outside the city Marina $20 a day and like $8 a day to park you dinghy I think it said. Not sure why those costs wouldn't be combined, but sounds like a deal, with the exception of no power to plug into that way.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Re: Dreaming of a Future Florida Trip - Marina cost range?

When we bought Pau Hana we were looking for a long-term lease in a marina here in Fort Myers. My wife is still working full-time so it wasn't a choice. We're at $18/foot plus electric, but honestly it's the nicest marina in the city. Ft Myers Municipal might be cheaper, but anyone walking down the street can walk out on to the dock. Marinas to avoid - Old Bridge (formerly Prosperity Point), MarinaTown. We have a LOT of Michiganders here, as well as Wisconsonites, illinoisans, etc. However, we're full here for the winter. I've been thru a Florida summer here, and there are advantages, and you can always take Okeechobee Waterway to shortcut to the Bahamas.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL