Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hull # 1

Re: Hull # 1

Beautiful!

Not sure if this is correct info or not. Heard that they ripped out the original interior that had been brought back to like new condition over the years and replaced it with a modern one. They also made a change to the aft bulkhead but can't remember what it was.
    Think it also got some new pretty high HP diesels too.

Now if they could just figure out how to get a bunch of boats built and on the water so they can get more orders to build more boats.....
    Viking is sold out for 3 years.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

HMY has 5 + pages of late model Vikings for sale , over 100 of them if you dont want the 3 year wait

Just beautiful
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I think Knit Wits was found in the Panama Canal Zone, brought back to New Bern, restored, then damaged in a fire or something (fire on an adjacent boat, perhaps?) and then rebuilt again. IIRC.

Knit Wits, Hatteras Yachts hull #1 was built in 1960 and recently underwent a massive refit upon the acquisition of Hatteras Yachts in 2021 by White River Marine Group. Knit Wits features engine turned yellow gold leaf with painted outlines, hard drop shadows and an airbrushed United States flag graphic. All work completed at Hatteras Yachts, New Bern, NC.

Lettering done by Everett Nautical Design

I was at FLIBS and talked to the guy that was in charge of the latest refit. It’s probably 15-20 years ago I saw her at FLIBS when Hatt restored her the first time. Supposedly she has sit neglected the last few years. I think we can all appreciate that it doesn’t take long for a boat to go down hill.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present