Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hoses and lines

Re: Hoses and lines

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    OK here’s a total amateur question if you are replacing fuel lines will you have to bleed the engine of air bubbles or should you use a syringe to fill the fuel line with fuel?
    My mechanic had, and recommended, a hand priming pump with gauge. His was a Caterpillar type with a tee and cheap pressure gauge.

https://www.prolinkp.com/index.php?m...ucts_id=559876

When I changed the other fuel pump I just pumped to 30 psi and kept it up manually until the engine took over.

I keep it on board at all times; it is a cheap piece of safety equipment useful if you run a tank dry (ask me how I know).

DAN

Did you make hoses or find ones that are pre molded and cut already for the coolant? I have a similar issue I'm looking at tackling.

This is embarrassing but my alarm bells (actual mechanical bells on chris crafts) weren’t working and I meant to replace them but forgot. Original old oil lines, one blew underway and I wound up with a rebuild out of it. This is a thing, replace them.