Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 53MY Tender

Re: 53MY Tender

One down side to the Freedom lift is the arms are aluminum and are very hard to re paint when the paint goes bad without disassembling the entire lift,
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by mgernes View Post
    I just saw your question about costs. Florida Bow-thruster drove to MN, and did the instal for 50k. Like I said, it was not cheap, but for the way we use our boat, it was a great addition.
    sounds like great service , it looks great !

I live in Woodstock, Illinois, boat will be on Lake Michigan.

Thanks,

Mark

Curious Dragonten, moved from Crystal Lake, what marina on Michigan?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Sheboygan Harbor Centre.

Mark

Seems like you could just install a larger sturdy swim platform and winch the tender on, and save a lot over making the whole platform lift. I do agree with the advantages (and disadvantages) compared to hoisting it up the the fly bridge. Our's is 10'8" inflatable, and I think if you stay below 300 to 400 lb, hoisting it to the fly bridge isn't too bad. And 11 feet or less gives you enough room to maneuver it on the fly bridge. 13 feet hangs over the sides. The beam (widest part of the boat) might be 15'10", but that is mid deck nearer the middle. the fly bridge in the back is only about 12 feet across.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL