Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Boat moving in spring, hire captain to train me or for the whole trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    That's Zuppardi's. One of the best around. With respect to Mystic Pizza, the movie wasn't particularly good; the pizza does it justice. Refer back to the pizza map and you'll see that Mystic is in the "Caution" band. Its a fairly accurate chart.
    The pizza you posted looked too good for MP. I've eaten the Pizza and seen the movie. They're both of similar quality.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Trying to get valid pizza recommendations from wikipedia is like trying to get impartial political opinions from Fox or CNN. Next time you're in the CT area, give me a call. I'll make a believer out of you. Here's what mom thinks of Zuppardi's...

Attachment 54906
    I somehow feel slighted now…
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    From Wikipedia:

What makes New Haven-style pizza distinct is its thin, oblong crust, characteristic charring, chewy texture, and limited use of melting cheeses. It tends to be drier and thinner than, but closely related to, traditional New York-style pizza. Both styles in turn are close descendants of the original Neapolitan pizza.

That makes it sound like its thin, dry, burnt and cheese-less. Mmmm, sounds underwhelming.
    My thoughts exactly until Bob Photoshopped that CT pizza.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I somehow feel slighted now…
    I'll tell Marion you didn't like her cooking.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I'll tell Marion you didn't like her cooking.
    I should have included a disclaimer with my post. No pizza beats Marion’s home cooking. We can get CT pizza next visit so I can give an impartial opinion.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Bob--congrats again on your purchase, we should catch up over the phone.

I'd recommend Randy as well--I had the good fortune to grab breakfast with him when he was passing thru Dallas with his Mobile Mansion and he's good company too.

Thanks for the kind words and making the drive, Jim. It was a genuine pleasure to meet you.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Our new to us 53 is in winter storage on Lake Michigan up in Onekama Michigan about an hour south of Traverse city (by car). We will have to wait until all the ice flows are done in the spring to bring her up and around and back down to the Lake St. Clair or Port Huron area (Lower Lake Huron)

The original thought was to hire a captain for the trip. It's about a 4 or 5 day trip the best I can figure.

Another thought is that the boat will probably be in the water, possibly well before all the ice is done moving, but that I am not sure of. Anyways, if there is a couple weeks or a month of the boat being in the water before we can make the move, perhaps I should hire a captain from the area to help me learn how to handle the boat and then make the run ourselves.

Would anyone like to weigh in on this? I am a lifelong boater, can do pretty good with a single screw boat, just nothing over 26' until now.

Thanks in advance!
    This thread seems to be all about Food and Randy, I think you have found your Guy.

I will say, if you remotely think you need help, then you most definitely will. It's not a scare tactic, it's Murphy's law.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Jsherid1 View Post
    Bob--congrats again on your purchase, we should catch up over the phone.

I'd recommend Randy as well--I had the good fortune to grab breakfast with him when he was passing thru Dallas with his Mobile Mansion and he's good company too.
    Thank you! Let me know how your search is going, or did you already find one and I just missed it?
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    This thread seems to be all about Food and Randy, I think you have found your Guy.

I will say, if you remotely think you need help, then you most definitely will. It's not a scare tactic, it's Murphy's law.
    Thanks Eddie, so maybe if I'm ready this right Randy brings some good pizza?????

Now I think I have to find the best Pizza in Michigan so he can give us a comparison rating LOL.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name