Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Boat moving in spring, hire captain to train me or for the whole trip?

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Sky: Does not the Mack City Municipal Marina also sell Diesel. I am not sure why I defaulted to Shelpler's. My main point was to be that Mack Isle sells No Diesel.
    No. Just gasoline at the Municipal. Sheplers controls the diesel
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Well, I am both surprised and saddened to learn that the good taste of this esteemed group apparently does not extend past boats. Kindly allow me to enlighten you.

Attachment 54904

I shudder to consider what might be consumed beyond "Toxic".
    From Wikipedia:

What makes New Haven-style pizza distinct is its thin, oblong crust, characteristic charring, chewy texture, and limited use of melting cheeses. It tends to be drier and thinner than, but closely related to, traditional New York-style pizza. Both styles in turn are close descendants of the original Neapolitan pizza.

That makes it sound like its thin, dry, burnt and cheese-less. Mmmm, sounds underwhelming.
    Sky Cheney

Trying to get valid pizza recommendations from wikipedia is like trying to get impartial political opinions from Fox or CNN. Next time you're in the CT area, give me a call. I'll make a believer out of you. Here's what mom thinks of Zuppardi's...

20211109_132630.jpg
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I recall years ago having a hamburger in New Haven, at a grill near the Yale campus which claimed to be the originator of the hamburger, grilling it vertically. IIRC, they did not offer cheese, and did not offer ketchup, either.

Perhaps New Haven citizens define culinary excellence by the number of things you don't get to enjoy. LOL

That's not New Haven. That's Yale. I cant speak for them. But until you've had a Pepe's clam pie, or a Zuppardi's Special, or sampled Sally's or Modern or Roseland (actually in Derby), you cannot claim to have eaten real pizza.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Trying to get valid pizza recommendations from wikipedia is like trying to get impartial political opinions from Fox or CNN. Next time you're in the CT area, give me a call. I'll make a believer out of you. Here's what mom thinks of Zuppardi's...

Attachment 54906
    Reminds me of what we got when I was a kid. Not this cardboard we get today.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

It certainly looks good in the photo
    Sky Cheney

Attachment 54906
    That's definitely not Mystic Pizza.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    That's definitely not Mystic Pizza.
    Maybe it is. What year was that movie? We've all aged since then.
    Sky Cheney

That's Zuppardi's. One of the best around. With respect to Mystic Pizza, the movie wasn't particularly good; the pizza does it justice. Refer back to the pizza map and you'll see that Mystic is in the "Caution" band. Its a fairly accurate chart.