Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: I've wanted a Hatt MY since I was a kid. Finally closed on one today!

Large boats are far more like houses than classic cars. Nobody wants a 1960's bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom. Do what you need to do to make it comfortable, and it will actually increase the value. Although usually not by as much as you spent doing it. The one thing I wouldn't screw with are those wonky hand carved wood panels coming down the stairs, those thing are super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    Large boats are far more like houses than classic cars. Nobody wants a 1960's bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom. Do what you need to do to make it comfortable, and it will actually increase the value. Although usually not by as much as you spent doing it. The one thing I wouldn't screw with are those wonky hand carved wood panels coming down the stairs, those thing are super cool.
    LOL. The previous owner(74 y/o) was very particular about those. The second showing of the boat I brought my 72 year old dad along. Being a new widower I include him as much as possible in my ventures and in my business to keep him occupied. We are walking thru the boat and the previous own tells my dad, "Don't touch those! They are original and in perfect condition." It wasn't directed towards me because I already got the lecture on the first tour. Naturally, the moment the previous owner turns the corner my dad touches them in a na na nah boo boo sense.

Beautiful boat.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

My boat already had a queen, I had always thought an awthawt ship wueen would be easier. But I really do mot know what is found below/behind the current bunks.

My queen is athawart ship.

Good luck with your boat.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Thank you very much eddieclemons.

I'm leaning towards an awthawt ship layout. From what I'm seeing, it'll make it feel more open and be the easiest conversion to do carpentry wise. I still need to come up with a plan on what's underneath. I also intend on repurposing the two single bed frames for the bed I'd have to build.