Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very reasonable live aboard dockage in PRIME Ft Lauderdale area

I have kept my boat in Ft Lauderdale in the winter for about the last 16 years to live aboard. The prices at the marinas have been more money than I was ready to pay. Hence, I have kept them behind peoples houses on canals where it was legal to live aboard. The last couple of years I have kept her in a slip in a 8 slip marina behind some apartments. The slip I used last winter is available. I have a 58’ Yachtfish. This year I moved to a 19’ slip 3 slips away. The slip is 21’ wide BUT there are not pilings to tie the forward cleats to. I tied lines to the most forward pilings to my #2 cleat on both sides. I also run the lines from those pilings to my #3 cleats on both sides. There are big heavy cleats mounted in the concrete behind the boat. I add spring lines from the close in piling to the stern cleats. Last winter this worked for me. I think 18’4” Hatteras, 54’ or 56’ would work. Also the 15’10” or less Hatteras’s. The rent is a very reasonable $1,800 a month for Ft Lauderdale. It is at 111 Isle of Venice off of Las Olas, a mile from the beach or a half mile to the shopping and restaurant district. You can contact the owner’s representative Josh at josh@globalfundreg.com. A real opportunity to anyone who wants to live aboard legally in Ft Lauderdale.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Re: Very reasonable live aboard dockage in PRIME Ft Lauderdale area

$1800/month!! Wow. I guess if you want to live in FL in the winter, this is a good deal?

Jim, I forgot is your Hatteras a 36'? You could find something cheaper on Isle of Venice or Hendrix Isle for maybe a $1,000 a month..
    This slip is suited for a 18.3' or 15'10" beam.

The location is "AAB". Pay a fortune and you can be at Bahia Mar, Hall of Fame, Los Olas Municipal or maybe Pier 66.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

ACtually, it is a 36'C, but I'm not planning on moving it to FL. I've not been invited.

Oh………that’s 😆
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

When we first bought the boat in 76 my Dad had a friend that owned a house on Navarro isle. That was the last isle to the west on the north side of Las Olas. It was the first house on the right and wrapped around from the bridge. He had the sister boat to ours and we had them back to back at his place. It was a huge Chinese style house that later burned down after he sold it. Lauderdale was a great town to hang out in back then. But the silt back in those isles is really bad if you regularly use the boat.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

7. Re: Very reasonable live aboard dockage in PRIME Ft Lauderdale area

I noticed how the dockage rates in Miami went up as the water clarity in the bay went down. I used to have all the slips I wanted for $150.00 a month at a brand new marina in North Bay Village til Hurricane Andrew, then they went up to $400.00. From 1998 to 2014, I paid $300.00 a month per boat behind a private home with L shaped lot near Haulover Inlet. Then they sold the house in 2014. Cheapest I could find for a 54’ boat in Miami was $1800.00 a month, but they required insurance-something I had never had, so moved to Ft. Pierce where it was WAY less. Way less traffic too!
    Last edited by Retired1; 11-09-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Prices are getting crazy. We re paying just under $1400 a month for a 55 foot slip and that’s a bargain for Miami. Prices are going up shortly since the marina has just been rebuilt post Irma. $45 to $60 a month on an annual contract is the minimum
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I am paying $1800/month for a 70' slip on the West coast of FL which I have my 55' boat docked in. Pilings on one side with floating dock and nice set of steps on the dock. Utilities are not included but a 2BR2BA house is!

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    $1800/month!! Wow. I guess if you want to live in FL in the winter, this is a good deal?
    That's what I said!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name