Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Adding security cameras for in-port/marina

Apparently if you're using their storage for your video surveillance, that's the subscription - but apparently they just implemented the storage plans recently. It's a nice little easy-install system though.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Camera systems are fairly common these days and easy to install. Some of the newer systems will even incorporate motion sensors, IR, night vision, allow you to see Live Views (locally and remote) and notify you if something trips a boundary, take pictures and store them off site, etc…
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Hat52MY View Post
    Camera systems are fairly common these days and easy to install. Some of the newer systems will even incorporate motion sensors, IR, night vision, allow you to see Live Views (locally and remote) and notify you if something trips a boundary, take pictures and store them off site, etc…
    That's what led us to this choice, and it also shows ambient temperature sensed at the camera.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Subscription? NOT..
    Just verified with my wife, We have 2 mux, 7 cameras. No cost after purchase.

Update, The mux or controller needs 115Vac power, The cameras use lithium AA batteries.
    Captain Ralph, I thought I was right - From Blink - if you have a blink account activated before 4/15/20 using the older cameras (i.e. XT2), if you purchase the new cameras, they can be added to your existing system and they will be able to utilize the free cloud storage since the account is grandfathered in. The cloud storage paid plan is only for accounts made after 4/15/20.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    Captain Ralph, I thought I was right - From Blink - if you have a blink account activated before 4/15/20 using the older cameras (i.e. XT2), if you purchase the new cameras, they can be added to your existing system and they will be able to utilize the free cloud storage since the account is grandfathered in. The cloud storage paid plan is only for accounts made after 4/15/20.
    WOA!!
    That bites.
    This is the first I have heard of this.
    I am terribly sorry that I (unknowing) lead you in-correctly.

Our second mux and cameras purchase last summer must have been grandfathered in also.

I wonder if there is a subscription on the ole D-Link cameras now?

Found this tonight.

"Is a Blink Subscription Plan required to use my Blink cameras?
    No. Your Blink Mini, all-new Indoor and Outdoor cameras, and Video Doorbell are automatically equipped with essential features like live view, motion alerts, and two-way audio."

https://blinkforhome.com/video-storage

[QUOTE=Captain Ralph;404006]Found this tonight.

"Is a Blink Subscription Plan required to use my Blink cameras?
    No. Your Blink Mini, all-new Indoor and Outdoor cameras, and Video Doorbell are automatically equipped with essential features like live view, motion alerts, and two-way audio."

https://blinkforhome.com/video-storage

From what I read/found online, if you're grandfathered in/pre-existing, no need to worry, you can add/increase units without subscription. For me, for immediate future it's cheap peace of mind. $10 covers all 3 entrances to the boat and we're in a gated marina. It's the odd intruder who would pick our boat over some of the shiny new ones, but the cameras are a helluva deterrent judging from the one incident the marina has had in 10 years. The features you mentioned are all part of the hardware, but the cloud storage feature is what is subscription-based. If you don't have the subscription, you have to have local storage set up. For the money, short-term using the subscription and long-term installing a hi-capacity SSD plugged into the sync module.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL