Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

exterior lights corroded, replace or refinish?

The stern lights on our new used Hatt are corroded, and also regular incandescent lights.

Are there possibly replacement lights available in higher output LED or are these possible to refinish somehow?

Thanks!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Re: exterior lights corroded, replace or refinish?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    The stern lights on our new used Hatt are corroded, and also regular incandescent lights.

Are there possibly replacement lights available in higher output LED or are these possible to refinish somehow?

Thanks!
    I replaced all the NAV lights right away. The Seachoice stern light you buy off the rack fits right in like the original, but now it's an LED. It's less than 15 bucks and I don't see the need to get fancy back there.

However, I replaced the NAV lights with new 3-mile LED Hellas and it made the entire boat look better. (about $130 each) Taking the old black plastic NAV lights off the bridge was probably the first thing I did to the boat. To get to the screws inside, I could crush the old light with my hand...it was so sun-rotted.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 213547.jpg
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 10-31-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    I replaced all the NAV lights right away. The Seachoice stern light you buy off the rack fits right in like the original, but now it's an LED. It's less than 15 bucks and I don't see the need to get fancy back there.However, I replaced the NAV lights with new 3-mile LED Hellas and it made the entire boat look better. (about $130 each) Taking the old black plastic NAV lights off the bridge was probably the first thing I did to the boat. To get to the screws inside, I could crush the old light with my hand...it was so sun-rotted.Attachment 54150
    Good Fund for the Stern.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Get the stern unit in stainless.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Your nav lights are 32v so make sure you put the correct bulb/LED in there.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I second the LEDs. I recently did the same, replaced all the original incandescent nav lights with the new LED Hellas. It makes a big difference.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Hat52MY View Post
    I second the LEDs. I recently did the same, replaced all the original incandescent nav lights with the new LED Hellas. It makes a big difference.
    Dave do you have a ID or SKU number for those LED light bulbs?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Best regards,
    --
    David

33V rating probably won't work on a 32v system since that will get up to 36v.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI