Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does anyone have an idea what an extended swim platform might cost for a 53' ?

Does anyone have an idea what an extended swim platform might cost for a 53' ?
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Re: Does anyone have an idea what an extended swim platform might cost for a 53' ?

I had a 48" teak platform made for our 48' YF20210731_104932.jpg. Without transom supports, we are at 12k. The new supports are massive and include sleeving the transom for compression. Another 7k.
    Crazy price but the captain insisted.

We were close to TNT and other hydraulic prices but I did not want the maintenance.

Re: Does anyone have an idea what an extended swim platform might cost for a 53' ?

Had a 4 foot one made by Swim Platforms Inc in Phoenix Az. Complete with a pull out swim ladder and support struts it was $4500.00. That was 3 years ago. I can’t remember what shipping was, but I am sure that has gone up a lot. It is beautifully made, heavy fiberglass, you send them a pattern for the curve of your stern. The only thing they did not do very well was matching my paint color, even though I sent them a paint sample, they use gel coat. Cost me. About $1000.00 for the yard to install it, needed a forklift to lift it into position. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Recommend a call to Butler Marine, Duryea, PA. 888-859-0022.

This is a link I saved after speaking with a guy who had one made for his boat. It looked nice and required minimal maintenance. No personal experience other than looking at his from the dock.

Swim Platforms - PlasTEAK Inc.
    Ty Lewis
    In Decent Seas
    1970 Chris Craft Commander 55
    HIN: FAA-55-0001 DD 8V-71 NA
    Kent Island, MD

Had a friend in the fabrication business build one out of aluminum for my 41. Can't remember what I paid for it, but it was very reasonable. I would go aluminum first, fiberglass second and wood a distant third, unless you just want more maintenance to keep up with on your boat.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I built mine out of two sheets of PVC material laminated together. It is on my 42c, almost 12 feet wide and 32 inches deep. I painted with awl grip to match the boat. It sits on six brackets so its quite ridgid. If i were doing again i would redo my brackets in stainless. Its holding up very well. I spent around one boat buck to build it but had alot of time into it.

Walt Hoover

Check with Plasteak. They build them all the time for all different models.

Ron

I got a quote for my 61', 18'2" beam. $6,000 including hardware, in fibreglass. Installation additional.

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    I built mine out of two sheets of PVC material laminated together. It is on my 42c, almost 12 feet wide and 32 inches deep. I painted with awl grip to match the boat. It sits on six brackets so its quite ridgid. If i were doing again i would redo my brackets in stainless. Its holding up very well. I spent around one boat buck to build it but had alot of time into it.

Walt Hoover
    Pictures?

That sounds like a good option if you have the time and space to build it!

I just got quoted $8k for a 48" platform. OUCH!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name