Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Insurance leads?

So once again, though I looked mostly at Hatts, my boat search has landed a different boat. Still, I wonder if some of you have good leads/contacts for insuring an older boat in the great lakes. I recently moved my 2001 Tiara to Boat/US Geico but from what I hear, not sure they’ll even be interested in insuring my “new” boat. Leads appreciated! Obviously I’m otherwise requesting a few quotes…. But having the right insurance is the important thing for me. (Though I’ve had no claims in 16 years of boat ownership). The boat is a 1988 Tollycraft 34 sundeck (aft cabin).
    Last edited by ernesto; 10-18-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Re: Insurance leads?

Uh, you can't talk about *ollycraft's on here. Expect a visit from Mister Smith... and not the one from Lost In Space.

I have my 41 insured with State Farm.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Ha. Who said anything about @olly&raft$? Thx Randy. I'll look into them as well. Maybe I'll also move the Tiara insurance to whomever insures that 'other vessel'. Wait, is Tiara ok? Ti@ra?

I should be able to help with your insurance needs

Dudek Ins Agency Group Inc
    36120 Green Street
    New Baltimore MI48047
    Telephone Number: 586/725-0030
    Agency Number: 0024300

Last year they quoted me $1380 for 240k coverage on a 1974 53 hatteras.

Might be best rates around??

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Dudek Ins Agency Group Inc
    36120 Green Street
    New Baltimore MI48047
    Telephone Number: 586/725-0030
    Agency Number: 0024300

Last year they quoted me $1380 for 240k coverage on a 1974 53 hatteras.

Might be best rates around??
    Just got off the phone with them and they can only insure boats that are kept in Michigan or Florida.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Try these people. Not sure if they go in your area but I know they do Louisiana and Florida. They have kept me and some of my buddies insured on older boats

http://marineins.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Just got off the phone with them and they can only insure boats that are kept in Michigan or Florida.
    Ah, interesting. Kind of strange, but good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Try these people. Not sure if they go in your area but I know they do Louisiana and Florida. They have kept me and some of my buddies insured on older boats

http://marineins.com
    Thanks for the lead. They were super responsive and somehow got me a better rate than I was quoted by others. Kind of surprising as they insured me through Progressive.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. They have taken care of me and a friend or two and always seem to know the nuances of the market.