Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Aft end port holes, and lights sources?

Does anyone have ideas on best place to get replacement aft cabin port hole frames?

Whats the best way to go fiberglass or stainless steel?

I like the idea of Stainless steel, but not sure about maintenance needs, I'm assuming they would need polishing every so often?

Also need exterior lights that are in the hull, not sure what they are called, but mine are corroded, I am assuming they are made of aluminum from the looks of the corrosion. Would like to do something better there too if I can.

Side hole port holes are plastic and some are cracked etc. Need those too.......
    The fun begins!

Re: Aft end port holes, and lights sources?

Sam’s is the only distributor of the Fuller Brush port lights originally installed on our Hatteras’s. Stainless are beautiful and costly. 500.00 each minimum. However that’s nothing compared to the price to take out the old, repair and re paint the damaged areas. However the SS are beautiful and so much better than the old plastic units.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Sam’s is the only distributor of the Fuller Brush port lights originally installed on our Hatteras’s. Stainless are beautiful and costly. 500.00 each minimum. However that’s nothing compared to the price to take out the old, repair and re paint the damaged areas. However the SS are beautiful and so much better than the old plastic units.
    I think I Like the stainless steel idea.

Any idea where to get those?

o.k. I am going to contact Sams Marine of course, and tried looking at the Lookout Boat Window site.
    Maybe I'm just dumb but I can not find an email address or phone number on there site!

Anyone have it?

The aluminum frame ports on the transom of your boat are Bomar. The rest of the portlights are Fuller Brush.

The aluminum frames tend to corrode over time and the paint on them will bubble and flake off. When that happens they can be cleaned up and repainted to look like new.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    The aluminum frame ports on the transom of your boat are Bomar. The rest of the portlights are Fuller Brush.

The aluminum frames tend to corrode over time and the paint on them will bubble and flake off. When that happens they can be cleaned up and repainted to look like new.
    I will have to take another look next time I'm up. They looked pretty rough, I thought they would have to be replaced.

A clean up and repaint sound like a better plan!

How do you know they are Bomar? Were you friends with Ed?
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    I will have to take another look next time I'm up. They looked pretty rough, I thought they would have to be replaced.

A clean up and repaint sound like a better plan!

How do you know they are Bomar? Were you friends with Ed?
    Look at the hold down dogs. They will say Bomar on them. I know these boats. I've been around them all of life and worked on many of them over the years. The large ports are Bomar. The small ones are Fuller. In 1980 you would have the large ports in the transom.
    Sky Cheney

LOL well with that much time around them I guess you would know!
    Thanks for the help!

I'm guessing on the west side you might be the closest Hat around?
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    LOL well with that much time around them I guess you would know!
    Thanks for the help!

I'm guessing on the west side you might be the closest Hat around?

I've picked up a little bit here and there over the last 18 years that I've owned mine. My dad had a 43Dc when I was a growing up. I always wanted a 53 and I finally bought one. These are great boats.
    Sky Cheney