Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question Losing the portlights on Convertibles?

When did Hatteras stop putting portlights on the convertibles? Looking at the brochures it seems by 1990 the trend was to eliminate them and it hasn't come back since. Was that just for leaking or style? I would think you would want the natural light.
    Last edited by JBird; 10-30-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Re: Losing the portholes on Convertibles?

I just bought an 86 45c that was special ordered without portholes or fwd windshield. I was told that the following year, 87, they began offering what they called the Palm Beach model with the same attributes.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    I just bought an 86 45c that was special ordered without portholes or fwd windshield. I was told that the following year, 87, they began offering what they called the Palm Beach model with the same attributes.
    Interesting. Would you prefer the portholes for light or dont really care?

The overhead hatches provide quite a bit of light. I went from a 43, which had the portholes, to a 45, and they are virtually identical other than the cockpit size. I really dont miss the portholes at all. One less thing to maintain.
    Last edited by Bob Bradley; 10-30-2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau