Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Deep Sea Systems Generator Panel

I think all mechanical is the way to go. I have two NL gensets and I built the panel for the one at home. Just gauges. Simpler is better sometimes. Maybe most times.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I think all mechanical is the way to go. I have two NL gensets and I built the panel for the one at home. Just gauges. Simpler is better sometimes. Maybe most times.
    Jim that is what I am leaning towards too. The only items on this boat that stump me are the ones with chip boards in them. Do you happen to have any kind of schematic drawing for yours or did you do it in your head? I think I have mine figured out but need to put it on paper to make sure.

It's been a while, but IIRC the wiring diagram to show me how to hook it all up was in the manual. I bought a gray plastic electrical box from McMaster-Carr and installed the gauges in it, then ran a cable from the box to the start box on the back of the generator (this is a skid-mounted standby set for my house) I'll take a look at it. Mostly I wanted to keep track of the water temp, oil pressure, and 12v charging while it was running. I don't have anything that shows how much load is on it, but with 16kW I've never made it work harder than it could. At least it doesn't complain.