Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Does anyone know the scoop on this 53 in Onekama, Mi Was pending. Back for sale?/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Yes, I should be able to find one, better chance though once I get it local, or at least back in the water. Unfortunately it's on the hard now, so I think it has to wait until spring.
    WW Williams in Grand Rapids will come up there and look at them. I would not run it until you figure out where/why you are losing oil.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Lightbulb Does anyone know the scoop on this 53 in Onekama, Mi Was pending. Back for sale?/

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    WW Williams in Grand Rapids will come up there and look at them. I would not run it until you figure out where/why you are losing oil.
    I called them in June to look at a boat for me and was told they don't do marine surveys. They sent me a name and number of a guy that retired from there that is doing marine mechanical surveys on his own now. He did an amazing job!
    Hard work pays off in the future.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Re: Does anyone know the scoop on this 53 in Onekama, Mi Was pending. Back for sale?/

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I called them in June to look at a boat for me and was told they don't do marine surveys. They sent me a name and number of a guy that retired from there that is doing marine mechanical surveys on his own now. He did an amazing job!
    Could you pass along to me his contact info? How much did he charge.

What I don't know is if this is something that can be looked at while on the hard, but I am sure he could answer that as well. I have been working under the assumption that it would need to be in the water so the motors could be run, but perhaps I should not assume. I'm thinking that if there is a leak, they may need to be run to witness the leak....

Thanks!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Thumbs up Does anyone know the scoop on this 53 in Onekama, Mi Was pending. Back for sale?/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Could you pass along to me his contact info?

Thanks!
    PM sent.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Maybe so, but the OP is looking for repair, not a survey.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thumbs down Does anyone know the scoop on this 53 in Onekama, Mi Was pending. Back for sale?/

Maybe so. Take care.
    Laziness, pays off now!