Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marquipt Wireless Remote

I would like to add a wireless remote to my Marquipt davit. I’ve left three voicemails with Marquipt with no return phone call. Does anybody have or know what brand wireless remote they use? The issue is my davit is a 110 plug-in and the LVC or low-voltage controller that Marquipt uses does not have a ground wire. I purchased a Quick wired remote and a Quick wireless remote but the wireless requires a ground wire. I’m sure my davit has a bonding wire attached to it but the pipe is solid so I am unable to pass a ground wire through it. I have luffing and lifting. Any help?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Marquipt Wireless Remote

If you figure this one out, I would like to know the details as I was wanting to do something similar. If I make it to FLIBS, I will stop by the MARQUIPT booth to pose the question. If you put another call into Marquipt, ask for Carlos in Service. He has been a wealth of help and information in the past.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: Marquipt Wireless Remote

I stopped by Marquipt to pick up new treads for my sea ladder. Found out they use TeleRadio remotes. I ended up buying the kit from them ($1200) because it comes complete with junction box, custom mounting bracket and great instructions. I also learned the new LVCs have a ground wire but it is hidden in the shrink tubing at the end of the remote 5 wire bundle. Normally the ground wire is un-used. Now I have a Quick 4 button transmitter and receiver for sale.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale