Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: KVH 5. TV Satellite tracking

Thanks David. It’s funny I was researching both of those companies yesterday.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I swear by Calyx institute. It’s good for 10 or more miles offshore, they use the sprint and t mobile networks. It works everywhere inshore, and offers pretty solid speeds. It is actually “for real for real” unlimited data, there are never any overage charges. I have that plus a good quality tv antenna mounted way up on top for local channels. I have Apple TV’s in every room so everybody can watch whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I swear by Calyx institute. It’s good for 10 or more miles offshore, they use the sprint and t mobile networks. It works everywhere inshore, and offers pretty solid speeds. It is actually “for real for real” unlimited data, there are never any overage charges. I have that plus a good quality tv antenna mounted way up on top for local channels. I have Apple TV’s in every room so everybody can watch whatever they want.
    100% agree. True unlimited data and great coverage. I do have a ubiquity bullet but have found very little need for it since receiving the Inseego router from Calyx. I also have a 75 mile flat panel TV antenna. Pretty much covered for TV and internet. I’ve been out on Lake Michigan 10 miles and still had service but it was sketchy. 5 miles offshore is typically where I cruise. I highly recommend Calyx Institute
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting