Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Yatch Fish on Fire in Fort Lauderdale

I had a "brand new" inverter/charger installed 15 years ago, on my 1972 43' DCFB Hatt. It was a reputable yard by name, but had its issues. But as is my old habits, from my Skilled Trades days, after the installation, I "inspected". I found the "hot" lead laying loose on the hot-lead-bolt and the hold-down nut was missing! Not Good! Obviously I installed a nut, where the nut was the missing! No issues since.

However, recently, my 50amp cable connection got a hot-spot on one of the leads into the receptacle on the bulkhead. I had a brief period of smoke and some melting of the cable end.
    I shut off the power immediately. I sourced a brand new Marinco receptacle, which I installed immediately, once I had it in possession. Also, I bought a new 50amp cord, also Charles/Marinco, but had to chase around MI, and found one at WM in Traverse City; $700+ per cord. Man, are the new cords heavy...must weigh 50lbs- certainly heavier than the old one! Both the receptacle and cord are now installed and now better than ever.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

This boat is now for sale on Copper Capitol......minimum bid one dollar............

Sorry Cooper Capitol.................