Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Flibs 2021

Re: Flibs 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Well Randy, if you don’t mind slumming on a Viking, I could probably put you up.
    Or should I say put up with you.
    Now you tell me after I’ve made that reservation?

Staying on your Viking again would be anything but slumming, but I was hoping to see you at the show. If you can’t make it, I’ll stop by and say hello if you’re going to be around.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Well, I cancelled that reservation after getting more input from someone who actually did a drive-by for me. It wasn't THAT bad, but it obviously has a long way to go. I had also forgotten about the road construction on 84 I had to deal with when I went into Cable a few months ago. It's still a mess, and getting in and out of that place would be a nightmare. With that, I'm back to square one, but at least I have my tickets.

The odd Viking owner ^^^ had something come up, so I guess I'll just drive down and find myself a hotel... unless somebody wants to swap out my Captain's services for a stateroom for a night or three. I'll still head out Saturday morning, unless I don't.

Who all is staying where?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just booked a room at this place but can cancel if someone knows of something better. Being right there at the show would be okay, but I would rather be on the beach. Booked a Grand Suite at this place. Anybody else here or know anything about this place?

Looks nice in the photos and is about five miles from the show. I could walk that if I'm feeling froggy, but I'm guessing there is a shuttle.

https://sealordhotel.com/suites/
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

There are a few hotels along the ICW where the water taxi will be making special stops for shuttling to the show.
    The FLIBS website should have a list of hotel stops under Accommodations or Transportation.

(You don’t want to be walking 5 miles in FLL heat. Remember last time?)

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    (You don’t want to be walking 5 miles in FLL heat. Remember last time?)
    Nah, that wasn't a walking thing, that was a getting something in my eyes and not being able to see thing. All that sweat definitely didn't help matters, but if it's in the 90's, I dang sure won't be walking to/from the hotel.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

7. Re: Flibs 2021

If you want good weather, wait til the Miami show. As for as RV parking, It would much easier and cheaper to rent a hotel room in one of those motels on State Road 84 right west of I-95 and stay in their lot. Don’t expect non humid cooler weather til December third.
    Last edited by Retired1; 10-09-2021 at 11:16 PM.

when i stayed in lauderdale by the see years ago we had to take a taxi, water shuttle didnt go that far
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    If you want good weather, wait til the Miami show. As for as RV parking, It would much easier and cheaper to rent a hotel room in one of those motels on State Road 84 right west of I-95 and stay in their lot. Don’t expect non humid cooler weather til December third.
    The idea with bringing the RV down was thinking in terms of staying in Florida for a couple of weeks or so, but Miami would actually be the better venue all the way around. In fact, I just checked on this thread (not sure why I haven't seen your post or Billy's until now) to say I'm going to have to back out on this one.

Between my house closing on 10/28 and finding this trailer for my 41, I need to keep my butt here for the time being but will make every attempt to attend the Miami show. It would have been perfect to combine that with the show and just driving down in my truck, but I'm running out of time. I'm planning to make the drive down to Orlando on Monday and drag the trailer back home. Think I'll spend a few bucks and move the boat 20 miles to a travel lift to properly fit the trailer the first time (yeah, Scott B., I know... ), and I have to do all this before the lake levels start to drop. That generally starts in early November, and I'm guessing the new owner would want me to have my boat out of here at closing or soon after.

Anybody want to buy my 2-day ticket? It's in email form and easily sent. Face value would be nice, but I'll consider offers from those who are less fortunate than others.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'll come down. We will probably just drive down and stay at a hotel. Where is everyone meeting?
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL