Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Flibs 2021

Re: Flibs 2021

I plan on attending Thursday and Friday. My place is on AIA between Boca & Delray Beach.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by krazy8 View Post
    Thanks again for that info. I'm booked for Wednesday through Friday and will head out Saturday. Scored 246 Magellan which gets me on a point close to the Tiki bar. Should have enough room to park the Vette too.
    Attached Images
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It just occurred to me it was show before last where we all got together, not last year. COVID did that one in. Didn't miss much 1_2 the booths and slips empty.
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Yeah, that's what I heard. Glad this one is still on and hope they don't have mask mandates. Bought my tickets last night.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Okay, I had someone on another forum tell me this motor coach/marina resort may not be what I'm expecting. I did notice there are no actual photos on their website, so I gave them a call.

Seems it's not "quite" finished yet but is supposed to be by 11/15. That doesn't help much, so they are sending me some actual photos. Could be I'll be back to square one. We'll see. If this craps out, does anyone else have any ideas?

I may just drive down in the Vette and get a hotel. Money would be about the same unless I stay a week or more, but I was looking forward to staying in the coach at a nice spot on the water.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Okay, I had someone on another forum tell me this motor coach/marina resort may not be what I'm expecting. I did notice there are no actual photos on their website, so I gave them a call.
    Older mobile home park quality. Security gate and some old canals with older docks on the canal edges.
    At days gone long by, This place WAS real fancy.
    The web site pictures are from another world.

Amazing, next property east is the real super fancy Marina Bay resort and marina.
    On the left side is Cable Marine.
    Not sure of what it is called this week, the old Jackson Marine is to the north east, next to I-95.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 10-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Older mobile home park quality. Security gate and some old canals with older docks on the canal edges.
    At days gone long by, This place WAS real fancy.
    The web site pictures are from another world.

Amazing, next property east is the real super fancy Marina Bay resort and marina.
    On the left side is Cable Marine.
    Not sure of what it is called this week, the old Jackson Marine is to the north east, next to I-95.
    No doubt the site as noting but artist conceptions vs actual photos which I have yet to receive. I was trying to get perspective as to this place and Cable Marine.

It's always funny reading reviews that are so diverse and from the same time period as it makes you think some of those leaving them are family. That can definitely go either way! LOL

Hopefully they will make good on their promise to send photos, but we'll see.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Check it out on Google Earth.

Well Randy, if you don’t mind slumming on a Viking, I could probably put you up.
    Or should I say put up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by skaterh View Post
    Check it out on Google Earth.
    I did that. I don’t know how recent the photo is, but it looked alright to me.

Still no pics, but I’ve decided not to pull the car down there. Going into an unfamiliar spot dragging a trailer could be more trouble than it’s worth. I’ve gotten some inside information on a show shuttle I can use, but does anyone know if water taxis run up that way?

I’m assuming they do, and those are way more fun than shuttles or Uber.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93